• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
Well said. Also, if you don't like it then don't spend your money there. I think that is the strongest statement one can make. That's freedom.

I've seen some of the construction guys in Rosemary go into the nicer sandwich shop to buy water and I've seen the looks they get from other patrons. I've also been one of the people getting that look and it doesn't feel nice. I walked into Buddy's looking like heck from pulling 12 hours in the hot sun and they were welcoming and nice and their gator-aid was sealed and cold. If I had my choice, I always tried to go to the thumb but that wasn't always possible.

Buddy's provides a service to a working class environment of our population that are not comfortable spending $5 for designer water. If they are in violation of codes they will get called on it. They may look like heck. It's been awhile since I had to go there but they provide a service to the people who are providing a service to others.

And as far as a heath hazard, I'm much more concerned about poop-lemons in my designer water than the dirt underneath my one-time work boots. Live and let live:wave:

I'm not sure exactly what about 98% of your post had to do with this thread, but it seems to be popular. If I knew how to give you rep, I'd probably have to do that also.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I'm not sure exactly what about 98% of your post had to do with this thread, but it seems to be popular. If I knew how to give you rep, I'd probably have to do that also.

It had to do with the thread because I have used the store in the past. Wasn't my first choice, but I've used it. I also said it's been quite awhile since I've seen it. I think the store serves a different segment of the population (than frequents the community next door) for a reason as well from my past experiences. I voiced my opinion as have you and in the end they are both just opinions.:wave:

I would like to ask if anyone has actually talked to the owner about how they feel about his establishment and if so how did it go? I think that may institute more change than all our opinions combined:dunno:

Last edited:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach

And as far as a heath hazard, I'm much more concerned about poop-lemons in my designer water than the dirt underneath my one-time work boots. Live and let live:wave:

OK - sheltered life here. What the heck is a poop-lemon?:blink:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Trying to silence the likes of Cali, just because she cared enough to complain about an unsightly business at the least, a potential hazard to human health at the worst, is exactly the type of chilling effect it would seem any of us who appreciate and want to protect a free society would steer away from. Don't you think?

The whole idea and concept of a messageboard forum like this is to offer people, all people, the opportunity to speak out on matters that matter to them. Sounds like the extent of what she was doing when she started this thread, and it was in keeping with the spirit of SoWal completely.
No one demanded that Cali not voice her opinion or is coming after her with a pillow to "silence" her. No one has told you to stfu either. Scooterbug's point in her original message that you quoted was "You buy the place, you risk your money and you can decide what to do with it". It is Buddy's and he is FREE to do with it as he wishes under the law. It isn't yours to tell him what to do. You may of course suggest, but he could always tell you to.................................................stfu. :wave:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Nice way to try to silence someone
Trying to silence the likes of Cali,
The whole idea and concept of a messageboard forum like this is to offer people, all people, the opportunity to speak out on matters that matter to them.
I dont think anyone here is trying to silence anyone but instead are seizing THEIR opportunity to speak out about elitism, a growing problem in this area, and it is obviously important to alot of people in the area.