• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Let's get some facts straight here:

1) Some people of Indian, Pakistani, or similar regional heritage own the business, "Buddy's";

2) "Gordo", which is spanish, means "fat" in english;

3) If you have not visited "Buddy's" in say the past 2 years, at least, you would not know that the parking lot many times, but grounds surrounding it always, are strewn with debris and trash.

So, jodi, before you make a bigger.......mistake than you have already made regarding the pollution connected with "Buddy's", check your facts, try to get a first-hand accounting, and consider whether you approach too many other issues in your life with such a general disregard for the truth.
I definitely feel the love when you say it coach :wave:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
You state that Buddy's is polluting, and specifically you mention the litter and debris on the premises. Is this litter which their customers leave on the ground or are the owner and employees of Buddy's leaving it there? I understand about taking pride in my own business, and I would personally want to make the property clean and inviting, but if they are okay with a smutty black sign and a plywood door, I doubt you will see the employees cleaning up after some of their customers who don't care about littering.

I still don't understand how #1 and #2 "rules of life for Smiling Joe" relate to me and my life as some sort of guidance. If I have looked for answers to the question (I have read the County Code, County Comp Plan, County Land Use Code, and I don't know how Buddy's is breaking the Code.), and still don't know the answer, it sounds like you don't think I should ask anyone for guidance to the answer. I guess I will never know the answer to help you and Cali solve your problem of not liking Buddy's.

With four pages of posts on Buddy's, I bet his business increases.

I certainly hope so, as well as an increase of those who now know they are not alone in realizing what a dump "Buddy's" place is. And with the extra income, maybe "he'll" consider hiring at least one person to clean up outside.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
wow...this thread is getting on my nerves...i actually used to eat hot dogs from this place when it was the only thing on that end of 30-A..:D

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
wow...this thread is getting on my nerves...i actually used to eat hot dogs from this place when it was the only thing on that end of 30-A..:D

yes, there are some pretty ugly posts going on. buddy's may not be the most eye appealing place currently, but i've bought gas there, and eaten from there. no problems.

Clean up your own trash, Fat Boy. Sounds like you need the exercise. And when you are done, since you are so gung ho about someone besides the owner's of Buddy's cleaning up, feel free to clean theirs. Your idea, only fair you should follow through.

Or you could just admit I'm right, and that Buddy's should take care of their own garbage. Or are you so pig-headed as to keep trying to justify otherwise.
Do you coach children?
Do you ever think you are wrong or do you always have to be right?
Pigs are smart animals.

Bo

Beach Crab
Mar 24, 2008
If you've got such a BIG problem with it why don't you just buy it, or complain about it to the owner or even the manager because all of the people that run Buddy's are just as nice as they can be.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I've bought gas there in the past, BEFORE it become such a trash barrell. I can't make myself stop in there any more. Drove by there yesterday and it's worse! Trash all over the place, front door wide open. Soot marks STILL on the exterior of the building. Where is the pride of owning a business? Where is the pride of wanting to be a asset to a community in which one does business? I'm not a snob...far from it....but Buddy's is scary looking. I bet Buddy's people are nice....Wish Buddy's people would pick up the lot at least!!! He's hurting himself and could get a lot more business if he presented his business on a more positive note.