• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RebelRider

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2008
Well he is a little arrogant - but he has definitely gotten people to think and research the candidates.

Quit frankly I am enjoying this unfold.

Citizen

Beach Crab
Mar 20, 2008
Coyote,
You are obviously an Adkinson supporter. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Possibly even someone in his camp, who knows. I would like to know your qualifications to judge someone in law enforcement. You know, your experience in the law enforcement, past leadership experience that would give you the ability to judge a true leader, administrative experience that would give you the insight needed to tell if someone has the ability to properly run an administration, budgetary experience, etc. Who are you to speak out on the behalf of ruffly 30,000 + voters? Did I miss some election where the citizens of Walton County gave you the right to judge for them who should be sheriff? I would think that we could find out more from the candidates if they weren't so busy trying to overcome the rumors that people like you start. Things like what they actually hope to accomplish in the positions they seek. Maybe you should just ask questions and then make a decision for yourself. Politics in this county gets very dirty because of people like you. I sincerely hope that people like Rick Brown and Jimmy Macon can over look ignorant individuals whose only interest in this world is to tear honest people apart. These two candidates have the years of experience and I believe that they truly want to be the Sheriff for the greater good of the county. I was an Imfeld supporter until someone black balled him. I must now choose someone else and I am leaning towards these two. Atleast they are honest with the people and have the background and experience to be a good Sheriff. Even though I don't agree with him, I believe approximately 30 years ago the people voted someone who by your standards was unqualified to be Sheriff and he held office for 20 years. The last thing I want is to have another McMillan in office again but he was proof in the pudding that you do not have to be the perfect package in order to get elected in this county.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Coyote,
You are obviously an Adkinson supporter. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Possibly even someone in his camp, who knows. I would like to know your qualifications to judge someone in law enforcement. You know, your experience in the law enforcement, past leadership experience that would give you the ability to judge a true leader, administrative experience that would give you the insight needed to tell if someone has the ability to properly run an administration, budgetary experience, etc. Who are you to speak out on the behalf of ruffly 30,000 + voters? Did I miss some election where the citizens of Walton County gave you the right to judge for them who should be sheriff? I would think that we could find out more from the candidates if they weren't so busy trying to overcome the rumors that people like you start. Things like what they actually hope to accomplish in the positions they seek. Maybe you should just ask questions and then make a decision for yourself. Politics in this county gets very dirty because of people like you. I sincerely hope that people like Rick Brown and Jimmy Macon can over look ignorant individuals whose only interest in this world is to tear honest people apart. These two candidates have the years of experience and I believe that they truly want to be the Sheriff for the greater good of the county. I was an Imfeld supporter until someone black balled him. I must now choose someone else and I am leaning towards these two. Atleast they are honest with the people and have the background and experience to be a good Sheriff. Even though I don't agree with him, I believe approximately 30 years ago the people voted someone who by your standards was unqualified to be Sheriff and he held office for 20 years. The last thing I want is to have another McMillan in office again but he was proof in the pudding that you do not have to be the perfect package in order to get elected in this county.

I certainly hope that you realize this is just a discussion forum and that the posts of WileCoyote matter only to those still working at Acme.

But you do bring up an interesting point, that I have asked with only the Watcher responding in the past.

What are the qualifications that you are using to pick your candidate for Sheriff? Is it just longevity in the job? This is going to be a very tough decision without some very clear standards. I have met and personally know most of the candidates. I have spoken to most. I truly believe, with all my heart, that they truly believe that they would be the best person for the job. But I am still trying to see how that is articulated to the public in a manner to set them apart from each other.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Acme is a great company ! Believe me - at one time I was the President. Hired a guy to develop a spokesperson for the company and he came up with "Wile Coyote". I now write under that "ghost name" out of respect for his 30 years of service to the company.

He was a fine individual that actually believed that he could catch the road runner - "everyone encouraged him" - everyone told him he was "the man for the job" - "everone encouraged him to run".

I have reviewed all of the mini-movies he starred in tonight and one things struck me right off the bat - "That son-of-a-gun never caught the Road Runner".

He never won !

I have never started a rumor about any of these fine people.

I have no candidate at this time. I am simply inviting people to tell me why they are supporting a candidate or which way they are leaning.

I am going through a process of eliminating those that are not qualified when no one gives me reason to rethink my own analysis of their qualifications to straighten out this mess.

Remember that "Life Is Like A box of Choclolates".

Remember "Wise" supporters - 12:00 Noon Saturday.

Badges?

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2008
A sheriff is just a face. In most well organized and respected sheriff's offices, the sheriff is no more important than the team picked to actually run the orgaization. The most important aspect of the sheriff's job is to surround himself with the best organizer, the best budget manager, the best public relations consultant, etc. Very little of that has to do with law enforcement, but a successful sheriff will need a well respected, highly educated and professional trained "chief deputy." and command staff. I would like to hear more about the entire team. I think that would speak volumes about what you could expect from a future sheriff. Just think of the grief that could have been saved in previous elections. A sheriff sets the tone for the administration but rarely has the ability to cover the many aspects required to be appreciated and respected.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Your tag line says it all - and I quote

"Don't confuse me with your "facts", my mind is already made up"

That's one "maybe" Dennis Wise Supporter.

Gonna take more than one "maybe" supporter to let him stay in the pool

Next
I guess I'm going to have to change my signature line. It was meant to be humorous but some on this board have decided to take it seriously, and when they have no other comeback, they quote it back to me as being the essence of my attitude. I am very opinionated, but I am also teachable and my mind can, on rare occasions, be changed. (the last part about "on rare occasions" is also meant to be humorous.) Back to the subject at hand. If Bill Imfeld changes his mind and files to run, he has my vote. Is that succinct enough for you, WC.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
I would also be considered opinionated by many.:rotfl:

I feel that I should not rush to a conclusion on a vote for a position that has the impact on the citizens of Walton County such as this race. I learned many years ago that making such a decision in a vacuum can be disasterous. I research and then try to elicit other view points to either confirm or deny my initial thought process.

Bill Imfield was a very qualified candidate. He would be "In the Pool", but our current Sheriff chose to involke a never before used law to remove him from the race. Bill was faced with a decision that was difficult, but one that he faced straight on and decided that his financial well being was key to his current situation. I have talked to him 2 times trying to get him to get back in the race when he could. He tells me that is not going to happen.

I am now moving own trying to find someone to replace Ralphie.

I have been looking for a dialogue to find a candidate. Been accused of many things, but I'm a tough old bird. I can stand the criticism -deserved or undeserved.

I am not impressed with "Campaign Bio's". They are mere marketing tools that are written to place that candidate in the best light possible.

I vet candidates. I seek not only how long they have served, but what their duties and responsibilities were, how they were perceived by the general public.

First and foremost I seek what they plan to do if chosen and even more specifically how they plan to accomplish it, what the associated cost would be, and a time table for implementation. When you look closely most of the current crop of candidates just want to be Sheriff - see that the field is really weak and diluted by many just seeking to win the "Election Jackpot".

I just simply throw them "Out of the Pool" when noone gives me reason to reconsider. It's really my list and thought that some others might be going through a similar "vetting" process.

I finish what I start.

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
A sheriff is just a face. In most well organized and respected sheriff's offices, the sheriff is no more important than the team picked to actually run the orgaization. The most important aspect of the sheriff's job is to surround himself with the best organizer, the best budget manager, the best public relations consultant, etc. Very little of that has to do with law enforcement, but a successful sheriff will need a well respected, highly educated and professional trained "chief deputy." and command staff. I would like to hear more about the entire team. I think that would speak volumes about what you could expect from a future sheriff. Just think of the grief that could have been saved in previous elections. A sheriff sets the tone for the administration but rarely has the ability to cover the many aspects required to be appreciated and respected.

Badges, :welcome: and you speak the truth.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
WC, I now understand where you were coming from. I, too, would like to see the present sheriff replaced. I am sorry about the "arrogant" remark but it did seem you came across high-handed if one did not know what your purpose was and simple minded me hadn't figured it out yet. I needed some help and you supplied it. BTW, I'm a pretty tough old bird myself.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Dennis Wise Becomes the third (3) person officially thrown out of the available pool of "Candidates" by the Coyote.

Out of 1319 people that have viewed this thread not 1 person came forward with any type of endorsement for Dennis Wise not a single reason to keep him in the pool. No one came forward with qualifications. There is obviously no interest in this individual serving as our next Sheriff.

Mr. Wise !

"You Are Not Qualified"
"You Can Not Win"
"No - I Will Not Support You"

I hereby issue the Orange Card on your candidacy.

View attachment 8304

I now invite all of the Josh Sconiers supporters to step forward !

You have until 12 noon Wednesday!