• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
"...Are we headed for an epic bear market?...."

Anyone still looking for an answer to this question?

Capricious

"...You're thinking of this place all wrong. As if I had the money back in a safe. The money's not here. Your money's in Joe's house...right next to yours. And in the Kennedy house, and Mrs. Macklin's house, and a hundred others. Why, you're lending them the money to build, and then, they're going to pay it back to you as best they can. Now what are you going to do? Foreclose on them?..."

(George Bailey)

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
"...Are we headed for an epic bear market?...."

Anyone still looking for an answer to this question?

We might even close up for the day, what a weird market. I thought today was the day things really went south, but it appears the bears got cold feet.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
We might even close up for the day, what a weird market. I thought today was the day things really went south, but it appears the bears got cold feet.
Capricious doesn't do so well on the day to day or intraday market timing, this isn't the first time. And saying things are crappy in general takes no special perspicacity. :wave:

Last edited:

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Capricious doesn't do so well on the day to day or intraday market timing, this isn't the first time. And saying things are crappy in general takes no special perspicacity. :wave:

I have not said what I have been doing, so you really would
not know.

But I'm in a darn good mood today so it would be safe to
assume that things are going as I thought they would.

On the other hand, you seem to be having a bad day...?

Capricious

"...You once called me "a warped, frustrated, old man!" What are you but a warped, frustrated young man? A miserable little clerk crawling in here on your hands and knees and begging for help. No securities, no stocks, no bonds. Nothin' but a miserable little $500 equity in a life insurance policy...."

(Henry F. Potter)

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I have not said what I have been doing, so you really would
not know.

But I'm in a darn good mood today so it would be safe to
assume that things are going as I thought they would.

On the other hand, you seem to be having a bad day...?

Capricious

"...You once called me "a warped, frustrated, old man!" What are you but a warped, frustrated young man? A miserable little clerk crawling in here on your hands and knees and begging for help. No securities, no stocks, no bonds. Nothin' but a miserable little $500 equity in a life insurance policy..

(Henry F. Potter)

Everyday you and I get a chance to exchange pleasantries is a good day for me. I am glad you are having one as well.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Originally Posted by TheSheep
Two words:

Buy REIT.
You mean short REITs? Commercial is the next hat to drop.
As always, depends on the REIT. Historicallically, REIT's asset value eithr do not depreciate or do not depreciate at any relative rate to real estate market itself. In a period of economic fukkupedness REITs tend to be more stable take an office building oriented REIT. Even the totallyfukkedupedness corporation will pay rent as priority.

REIT properties are often purchased as income stable properties and have longevity in track record. They are also typically diversified i.e. office properties spread geometrigraphically, ya' know, um, like, all over the place. :blink:

Each REIT is individualistically individual :dunno: but they almost always outperform the individual, collected investments in investor properties when the country has been Bushsodomized.

NEWS FLASH !!

Supporting and compelling evidences, Dear Pirate, of your claims and mine.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/10/06/ap5513222.html

Immoral of the Story

Buy Right REIT who ain't doin' nuthin' except sitting on REIT hoofs.

Last edited:

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
"The S&P 500 extended its 2008 decline to 32 percent, while the Dow's yearly loss widened to 29 percent in the market's worst yearly retreat since 1937..."

http://tinyurl.com/523db3

Ladies & gentlemen, you are witnessing history, a wholesale
destruction of wealth as few alive today have ever seen.

Capricious