• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Hmmmmm. :scratch: :dunno: Kobe special?

data

Dec. 2 (Bloomberg) -- A ring with a pink diamond the size of a chickpea sold last night for a record HK$83.5 million ($10.8 million) at a Hong Kong auction that was spurred by Chinese buying.

The 5-carat, so-called fancy-vivid gem set by London-based jeweler Graff Diamonds and given the second-highest rating of potentially flawless, broke the per-carat record for a diamond set in May with Hong Kong property tycoon Joseph Lau’s purchase of a 7.03-carat blue diamond in Geneva for 10.5 million Swiss francs ($10.5 million). A carat is a fifth of a gram.

The jewel went to a phone bidder who wrested it from the Chinese millionaire stock-investor tycoon Liu Yiqian and his wife Wang Wei who were bidding in the room. Auction host Christie’s International declined to confirm that the lot was bought by another mainland Chinese.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
If he did actually cheat on his wife while she was pregnant he is worse than any bimbo, he is low life pond scum.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't get that, Minnie. You sound as though you believe that it is worse for a married man to cheat while his wife is pregnant, than it would be for him to cheat if she wasn't pregnant. In my book, cheating is cheating, regardless of pregnancy, children present, married, unmarried, etc. There is no "worse" degree of cheating.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I don't get that, Minnie. You sound as though you believe that it is worse for a married man to cheat while his wife is pregnant, than it would be for him to cheat if she wasn't pregnant. In my book, cheating is cheating, regardless of pregnancy, children present, married, unmarried, etc. There is no "worse" degree of cheating.

I hear what you are saying, SJ, but there is something about a man cheating while they're about to become the father of the baby who was conceived out of love. It is about as low as it gets.

(disclaimer: I'm not saying he cheated while she was pregnant. I know nothing. Just commenting.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

It's only worse because it is a time when a woman is most vulnerable, and she is more likely to think it is because she is unattractive and undesirable, instead of the truth, which is that the problem is not hers but his.

It's just doubly hurtful is all. I know people it has happened to and it is just not pretty. :sosad:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis

That is because you have never been pregnant. The women get it.

It is like a six grade bully picking on someone the same age and same size, and picking a fight with a kindergarten kid with limited vision and on crutches. A woman is very vulnerable physically and emotionally when pregnant.

Kinda like stealing from Bill Gates or some homeless person, there are levels of wrong. It is wrong to steal from anyone but Bill Gates will be able to handle it easier than someone that is homeless and has lost everything.

It is something you have to experience to relate. My ex cheated on me when I was young and able to rebuild and move on to a much better life. I thanked the good Lord everyday I was not pregnant or a mother when it happened because the only person hurt was me, not an innocent child. It was easier for me to rebuild and move on, as a young woman instead of a mother.

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
So, I have been thinking about this situation. I don't get how people who are very high profile think that they can do things such as this and get away with it. Seriously, don't they know that eventually it will get told?

Stupid is as stupid does! I have always loved me some Tiger Woods, but I have to tell you, I hope the wife kicks his cheating A$$ out of the mansion and takes 1/2 of everything he has! Perhaps then, he might keep it locked up a little tighter!

A part of me wishes that they can work things out, but take it from someone who has been where Mrs. Woods is....it ain't likely to happen!