Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash

Discussion in 'Sports and Recreation' started by Minnie, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I think the funniest thing about this entire story is the press continuing to run it. Yesterday on the Today Show, one of the hosts asked why the story was still running, just before she reported on it.

2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

:rolling:

yep. I've heard the basics over the last few days, but I came to this thread to see the gory details.:D

I'm with KDW on her analysis of the situation:
    Tiger! stupida!!! that's italian for stupid.;-)

and I would like to state what he deserves as far as surgical procedures, but I shall refrain. perhaps a subject for lounge discussion later.:D

I heard a little of Tiger's statement. I totally agree with him that this is a private matter. even though I do have an opinion of his stupida actions, it is really not my business. I do not know the Tigger personally so I do not truly care. though somehow I do care. hard to explain. (oh please spare me the "public responsibility" line - he is still a mere human being who deserves to live his life even if he chooses to make a complete mess out of it after living a seemingly perfect life in every way).

when I was a younger woman I would be all mad about hearing about anyone cheating on a wife because infidelity was a threat to me and all women. But, now I know its not a threat to me at all. Its a poor choice that has nothing whatsoever to do with me. The person is going to have to live with the consequences as well as his/her loved ones. not me.

I'm not trying to say we should not have this discussion, or have opinions - I surely have mine (he's stupida). I think its amusing (the discussion, not the actual situation). and its funn. and it has its serious side too. I'm just trying to say that in my opinion, whatever Tiger and or his wife have done in recent days is a private matter. we only know what has been reported. and what has been speculated.

privacy is not to be for Tiger. and that makes him a really really big stupida.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  3. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

Is this a sincere post, SJ? I'm not sure you understand the needs of a homeless person. What little they have is extremely important to them, things you can't put a price or value on. Sure, they can go out & find another box or an old bike from the trash pile. But it's not about replacing these seemingly worthless items. It's about "holding onto" what little bit of collateral they have. What appears to be worthless & useless to one person, is priceless to the owner, no matter what their level in society is.

I see this each week at the homeless shelter at our church during the winter months.

4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I've slept beside homeless people and have learned quite a bit from them. When you do the same, come back and tell me that I don't understand the needs of a homeless person. Most homeless people bounce from thing to thing, always searching for something better, but they never seem to cling to anything. They are smarter than that. The people with homes think that they have permanence and security, but in reality, all they have is an illusion. Homeless people have a much clearer understanding that everything is temporary. I've seen homeless people give away everything they have to someone else who might need it more. Homeless people can be very resilient. I'd much rather discuss homeless people than Tiger Woods affairs.

5. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

I agree on the resilience (for those who aren't affected with mental illness/homelessness) and Tiger's affairs. :wave:

6. sisters4

sisters4 Beach Lover

We all know that Tiger Woods is not a horrible person. Maybe he bought into that celebrity thing. Be careful what you wish for. His wife is physically beautiful and I would imagine a beautiful person inside and out. My heart breaks for her because it is becoming apparent that he was not faithful to her when she was pregnant with his beautiful children. Even though I am not a fan of his, obviously it was a slow news week. Hopefully they can work it out.

7. sisters4

sisters4 Beach Lover

Tiger Woods

John Rudy I just read your reply. How true, well said.

8. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

In the context of his wife and family, and what is more important to a husband than his wife and family, tiger woods is a piece of filth with a huge ego and checkbook.

9. AlphaCrab

AlphaCrab Beach Fanatic

I think someone making a billion dollars by being the very best and most skillful at hitting a golf ball into a tin cup on a lawn.....this is the real "Fall' of mankind IMO, and not getting his freak on with multiple bimbos.

10. aggieb

aggieb Beach Fanatic

11. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Holy crap - it's up to 5 mistresses! WTF was Tiger thinking ('cuz we know what he was thinking WITH) and how did he actually have time to play golf?

12. bogieman

bogieman Beach Lover

They find the time. There is one I know on ship that can tell you how.

13. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Seen on a church marquee near Samson, AL, on the way home from the beach yesterday:

Forbidden fruit makes lots of jams.

Message to Tiger obviously. :floor:

14. Lynnie

Lynnie SoWal Insider

Yowsa? Now five?

Tiger is Toast!

So, discussion that came up this weekend: should she stay for more money or go now?

I say in light of the allegations and evidence in support, I would leave. Would you believe I have a friend who says she should stay? What? And be the perfect golfer's wife for two more years all just for money?

Maybe if there was one mistress, but there is something fundamental for Tiger in his decision to have multiple affairs simultaneously, that speaks mountains of his character. Additionally, the blatant lack of respect for women, his wife and family, himself, his career, and many, many more we can toss into this one.

An absolute shame!

15. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Actually it is up to 6 now. :blink: For those keeping score at home that is more mistresses than years of marriage.

My guess is that Tiger's days of marriage are numbered - and that his wife knew what she was doing with the "re-nup".

16. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

Parnevik, the man who introduced the couple, has since come out saying he owes Nordegren an apology.
    ?We probably thought he was a better guy than he is,? he told the Golf Channel, referring to his wife and himself. ?"I would probably need to apologize to [Elin] and hope she uses a driver next time instead of a 3-iron ? It?s a private thing of course, but when you are the guy he is ? the world?s best athlete ? you should think more before you do stuff ... and maybe not ?just do it,? like Nike says."

:floor:

17. Beach Runner

18. ameliaj

ameliaj Beach Fanatic

Tiger's MIL - Elin's Mom

19. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

I think all we really know about Tiger is that he was banging a different ho in every town and judging by the looks of some of them, they're some pretty low rent ho's at that. You would think that with his fame and fortune and the cities that he visits, he could do better than the 2:00 am closing time girls that are surfacing all over the net.

20. Beach Runner

Today I spoke with a friend who is a therapist and expressed my shock that Woods, as a Stanford alumnus, would seek out the type of women he chose. He said that it's because Woods is a control freak, and who can he control better than women who are so far below him socioeconomically?

Joke from Leno:
    Q: What's the difference between Santa Claus and Tiger Woods?
    A: Santa knows to stop with three Ho's.:floor: