• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Wow! I've been trying to follow this thread, in and out, but does it come down to I want to be in Seaside, and I want to have my TV, no matter what? (PS: you got a TV in your phone, duh...)

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Not complaining Scooterbug....I find it hypocritical to tell the business owners in Seaside they can't have TV's and Music, but it ok if they do... Just Saying....

I know where you're coming from but I think hypocritical is not quite the right word. You can say forcing a tenant to remove the TVs is unreasonable and harmful, and putting a game on in the middle of the town may be a slap in the face to that tenant, but it's not hypocritical IMO.

What it comes down to is the desires of one or 2 people. Somebody's relative is unhappy with music? Gone. Somebody's eating a pizza and is bothered by a TV? Gone. Somebody doesn't like the way a tenant displays their merchandise? Gone.

Seaside is a private business and they can do what they like. It's not like the tenants in Pier Park or any other mall like all the rules either. A mall masquerading as a town by having shoppers stay overnight doesn't deserve to be bashed for their landlord policies.

Seaside is really a wonderful and unique place with very little to find fault with if you're visiting.

jswbjw

Beach Comber
Apr 8, 2005
Had a drink at Bud's this week. The view was priceless as usual. But the TV's were noticably absent. Reminded me of the first week after you remove the Xmas decorations and everything seems noticably less festive/kinda naked.

I'll never stop going. Still my fav place for a beer. The new addition is fab. But Bud and Alley's upstairs is a BAR and I believe Dave's leaseholder is drunk with success in thinking that this great bar is above having TV's.

2 cents.

Great post! Perfect summation!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm curious too. So, you're at a Seaside establishment, and there is no game on, so you have to step outside to the central square, and watch a game (maybe, not your game, but a good game) with a whole bunch of other folks in the middle of Seaside, on a cool autumn evening. I'm trying to imagine how this might be a bad thing...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm curious too. So, you're at a Seaside establishment, and there is no game on, so you have to step outside to the central square, and watch a game (maybe, not your game, but a good game) with a whole bunch of other folks in the middle of Seaside, on a cool autumn evening. I'm trying to imagine how this might be a bad thing...

That's my big question too.

People whine about not being able to watch football games so Seaside breaks out a 35' screen and throws a tailgate party. I WISH I got responses like for half the stuff I biatch about.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside sets their own rules and marches to their own beat and that is fine with me (nothing new here). It is a beautiful and wonderful and funn place to be. I do not go to bars or restaurants for tv or football, but I know many do - there are many GREAT choices throughout town for restaurants & bars with TV/sports.

I believe Seaside bars, restaurants and retailers would rather have our support than have us whine about changes in TV status. There is so much offered by the town for us to enjoy with family and friends. I am very grateful for all the outstanding entertainment brought to visitors and locals alike: outdoor concerts, Seaside REP productions, Seaside Farmers Market, Festivals, Art Walk in Ruskin, fun shopping and lots of dining choices. Santa is coming to town too, as always. Many of our own life traditions are deeply rooted in Seaside.

A big outdoor tailgate/football party sounds like a blast especially this time of year. Go Gators and Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Before we decided to move to SoWal, we would avoid TV like the plague when vacationing here. There are so many other things to do in this area besides sticking yourself in front of some kind of video screen (I make a living in front of video monitors and try to escape as often as possible).

Turn your TVs and phones off, unplug from the world and find out what this area really has to offer!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Before we decided to move to SoWal, we would avoid TV like the plague when vacationing here. There are so many other things to do in this area besides sticking yourself in front of some kind of video screen (I make a living in front of video monitors and try to escape as often as possible).

Turn your TVs and phones off, unplug from the world and find out what this area really has to offer!

:lol: you are talking to SEC football fans dude!