• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
"Oddly enough, I scanned the thread and to no avail did I find anyone mention McTighes Irish Pub in Blue Mountain for GREAT PIZZA! I am sure few would expect an Irish Pub to host a great pizza, but definitely a go to place if you have not tried it.

***this is not a paid endorsement*** "

Little known fact...

The guy who owns Johnny McTighes owned the first Mellow Mushroom restaurant in Atlanta on Pharr Rd. McTighes' pizza is, basically, Mellow Mushroom pizza. Only the dough has been tweeked because MM wouldn't let him use the recipe.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
I thought Red Bar had pretty good fries....I do know that they had the best Burger I've had in SoWAL in recent years.

PS What was that place called where Shorty's Top Side (across from Red Bar) is now...I used to have a T-Shirt from there and it was my favorite restaurant to go to as a kid, if you said it, I'd remember it! ahhh the only word that comes to mind when trying to think of it is "corner" and I don't know why!!

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought Red Bar had pretty good fries....I do know that they had the best Burger I've had in SoWAL in recent years.

PS What was that place called where Shorty's Top Side (across from Red Bar) is now...I used to have a T-Shirt from there and it was my favorite restaurant to go to as a kid, if you said it, I'd remember it! ahhh the only word that comes to mind when trying to think of it is "corner" and I don't know why!!

D&K's?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
New contender for best pizza - Crust!

They are in the old Fabrice location on 98 and are making yummy wood oven pizza (that isn't burnt on the edges).

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Little known fact...
The guy who owns Johnny McTighes was the owner of the first Mellow Mushroom restaurant in Atlanta on Pharr Rd. His pizza is basically MM pizza. He had to tweak the dough, though. Mellow Mushroom wouldn't sell him dough so he had to adjust the recipe to make it his own...

Rbsilvey

Beach Crab
Dec 5, 2011
Thank you zebraspots. We are also baking croissants, baguettes, and pastries. We have specials everyday.

Crust Artisan Bakery
4821 Hwy. 98 E
Santa Rosa