• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
The present superintendent had the advantage of having Jay Odom and M.C. Davis finance her campaign. And in the 2008 race she must have had a little left over since she paid herself $3000 for "travel expenses" out of the thousands contributed by the big dogs. Campaigning is high cost for sure and the folks who ought to be in office don't bother running because they don't have friends with deep pockets.

sunny850

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2012
Actually, it's the only chance. The majority of students at Walton Academy have been expelled from the District either for behavioral issues, drug/alcohol abuse, wanton disregard for authority, lack of parental supervision, disrespect, etc etc etc.

Those kids need direction which they are obviously not getting either at home or at the Academy.

I am amazed at how confidently you post completely inaccurate information on a daily basis, Misty. Why don't you go visit the Academy or call and talk to the district and get some Facts before posting. Of course the Academy is the lowest ranked school- it is the alternative school for students who are not successful in this district. And while some of the students are there because they have gotten into trouble, the majority attend because they have not been successful academically, have fallen behind, and go there for credit retrieval. They are allowed to work at their own pace because they could not keep up in the regular classrrom. The district does not HAVE to provide this opportunity for students. They could let all these students go back to their former school and sit beside your child ( did I mention some are court ordered to attend school? Imagine how pleasant they would be to have in your classroom) and let them fail, and drop out at 16, and go on welfare. As a parent of a walton county student, an educator, and a taxpayer, I am thankful we have the Academy.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Actually, I have been there.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Surprised how the No's new sign is almost identical. LOL

NOT identical. The NO font screams Chinese restaurant, not education. It is better than their other campaign stuff- if that stuff was done by a professional, then that person needs to go. If you can't even copy something well.....

Unless the opposition ELECTED their campaign/PR manager?!?! Hmmmmm...stuck for the term. Bummer.

Ha ha a little referendum humor.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I may move to another county or another state. Our school district is a mess and nobody takes any responsibility. When companies have financial problems and other problems the CEOs usually are replaced. But we have to wait two more years to replace the school's CEO.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Let me say this as simply and succinctly as I can. If a voter cannot discern the difference in how a school district functions with an ELECTED superintendent vs. a HIRED superintendent, responsible to the school board and public, then maybe they shouldn't be voting. I apologize for saying anyone should not vote. It was a thoughtless sentence on my part. I will say that only those here legally and citizens of the United States and can prove it, should be allowed to vote.

Last edited: