• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Bob, I think we are both right. There is a section of the website dealing with test scores that gives the information you mention. There is another section that lists reviews. Those reviews include input from students, parents and others.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
If the Academy is an F school (from everything I can find it is) how long does the school system continue to support it?

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Bob, I think we are both right. There is a section of the website dealing with test scores that gives the information you mention. There is another section that lists reviews. Those reviews include input from students, parents and others.

I agree the site has a rating by parents but I did not post those because they are not based on data that is quantifiable but I believe they have a place in the system.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
As long as you have an elected Superintendent.

LOL

The wheels on the bus go around & around.

I don't think all the ills that Walton Academy have can be laid at the Superintendents feet. There is a board involved here as well.

The district should have taken back the operations of the Academy 2 years ago when it was first discussed but continue to pour good money after bad into because it warehouses the kids the district doesn't want to deal with.

And you can stop anytime Bob were your dumb assed wise cracks. Surely you are more adult than you act!

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
To be fair, isn't the Academy the second chance school in our county?
Yes. It will always have difficulty scoring highly on standardized tests. The 1 rating is in comparison to the other schools in the district. The Elected Supt. remark was tongue in cheek.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
To be fair, isn't the Academy the second chance school in our county?

Actually, it's the only chance. The majority of students at Walton Academy have been expelled from the District either for behavioral issues, drug/alcohol abuse, wanton disregard for authority, lack of parental supervision, disrespect, etc etc etc.

Those kids need direction which they are obviously not getting either at home or at the Academy.

Last edited: