• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I get it. New York Times have to sell newspapers in their dying industry. Members in this forum have to hate something to prevent boredom I guess. The above mentioned inquirer style spin on FSU, TPD and Jameis Winston is just a symptom of modern society. We have become a reactive society where truth has been replaced by a need to hate. Why is that you think? What sins are we trying to hide with hate and consequences rather than truth an consequences. The thing about truth is that is fairly stubborn however it does not stop desperate people from spewing together a string of half truths and word spin with questionable ethics to make a case for the devil himself. FSU, TPD and Jameis Winston is not the devil. Relax, none of them are trying to hurt you. Better to focus on oneself to become a better person rather than a blame game to hide your own issues. We all have work to do including FSU, TPD, Jameis Winston and the entire human race. We are all a work in progress. We make mistakes, we learn and we get better. I get it. Hatred is addictive. My only advice to anyone who feels that they are judge, jury and executioner, be careful because the real devil may be closer than you realize!

No. You don't get it at all if you are defending such trash. I assume you have no daughter. It is unbelievable to me that a university cares more about wins than the rape of a young woman. The fact that the university, coaches, and city police covered it up and conspired is much worse than the Penn State scandal. I am on the verge of giving up college football. Disgusting!

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I get it. New York Times have to sell newspapers in their dying industry. Members in this forum have to hate something to prevent boredom I guess. The above mentioned inquirer style spin on FSU, TPD and Jameis Winston is just a symptom of modern society. We have become a reactive society where truth has been replaced by a need to hate. Why is that you think? What sins are we trying to hide with hate and consequences rather than truth an consequences. The thing about truth is that is fairly stubborn however it does not stop desperate people from spewing together a string of half truths and word spin with questionable ethics to make a case for the devil himself. FSU, TPD and Jameis Winston is not the devil. Relax, none of them are trying to hurt you. Better to focus on oneself to become a better person rather than a blame game to hide your own issues. We all have work to do including FSU, TPD, Jameis Winston and the entire human race. We are all a work in progress. We make mistakes, we learn and we get better. I get it. Hatred is addictive. My only advice to anyone who feels that they are judge, jury and executioner, be careful because the real devil may be closer than you realize!

Jameis Winstonis an ass clown who needs to go to the NFL with the rest of the criminals. Its a shame when you look at the "professionals" and the incedents of illegal activity is over six times the country's average. So you beleive whatever you want but the truth...and the devil...gets paid millions every Sunday....odd on Gods day too.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
No. You don't get it at all if you are defending such trash. I assume you have no daughter. It is unbelievable to me that a university cares more about wins than the rape of a young woman. The fact that the university, coaches, and city police covered it up and conspired is much worse than the Penn State scandal. I am on the verge of giving up college football. Disgusting!

My daughter decided not to go to FSU because she didnt feel safe..and she is not a sissy girl either. Roll tide! Much better choice. Respect.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I have two daughters! One graduated from Florida State and became a writer for Woman's Day Magazine and a movie critic in NYC. One is in college now. I have a son that will attend FSU next year. I do worry about ALL campuses right now as the statistics are 1 in 5 that a woman will be sexually assaulted in college. My wife went to Harvard University and even that campus has a problem. Ya'll need to figure out why you choose not to see the bigger problems facing ALL universities. I am defending FSU from this hatred as it serves no real purpose. If you must hate go ahead and feel good about it but there are problems with the college culture right now that needs your attention if you are inclined to be a part of the solution. This is not about winning National Championships. This is about due process, truth and justice. Remember, facts are stubborn things. Hate is just hate...

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I have two daughters! One graduated from Florida State and became a writer for Woman's Day Magazine and a movie critic in NYC. One is in college now. I have a son that will attend FSU next year. I do worry about ALL campuses right now as the statistics are 1 in 5 that a woman will be sexually assaulted in college. My wife went to Harvard University and even that campus has a problem. Ya'll need to figure out why you choose not to see the bigger problems facing ALL universities. I am defending FSU from this hatred as it serves no real purpose. If you must hate go ahead and feel good about it but there are problems with the college culture right now that needs your attention if you are inclined to be a part of the solution. This is not about winning National Championships. This is about due process, truth and justice. Remember, facts are stubborn things. Hate is just hate...

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Somethings just need to be repeated I guess. Live and let live is a pretty basic human purpose. Try it!

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Somethings just need to be repeated I guess. Live and let live is a pretty basic human purpose. Try it!

It isnt hate, it is reality. What about theft, alleged sexual assault, selling autographs etc..do you not accept as wrong? The kid has amazing skills, but he has proven to be a menace, no hate just truth.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
The truth hurts but here it is:

1) There was NO sexual assault. I will not go into the graphic evidence to support this but it is there.
2) He stole about $20.00 worth of crab legs and got caught and was punished to the satisfaction of those he stole from.
3) He signed thousands of autographs with NO proof that he was paid.
4) He stole water from a fast food business. He is now being punished for that by public opinion.
5) He shot his BB gun on campus. He was stopped and roughed up a little by campus police.

That said I will agree with you that he needs to improve his behavior as a person. I will also admit to you that most of us have made mistakes at some point in our lives. Just think about that for a moment. At any time in your life do you think you might have made a bad choice? I know I have but I have also learned from them. Hopefully both Jameis and the young woman have learned something about their choices.

You can have whatever opinion you want but to ignore both evidence and/or lack of evidence does not support either truth or reality. To ignore the facts may serve some individual purpose but it will not make this world a better place. We need to address this problem of sex, drugs and alcohol on campus together as if our lives depended on it. We have young people that will be scarred for life because they are not being taught how to make good choices. If you think Jameis Winston is not suffering enough please talk to his momma and daddy...

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
The truth hurts but here it is: 1) There was NO sexual assault. I will not go into the graphic evidence to support this but it is there. 2) He stole about $20.00 worth of crab legs and got caught and was punished to the satisfaction of those he stole from. 3) He signed thousands of autographs with NO proof that he was paid. 4) He stole water from a fast food business. He is now being punished for that by public opinion. 5) He shot his BB gun on campus. He was stopped and roughed up a little by campus police. That said I will agree with you that he needs to improve his behavior as a person. I will also admit to you that most of us have made mistakes at some point in our lives. Just think about that for a moment. At any time in your life do you think you might have made a bad choice? I know I have but I have also learned from them. Hopefully both Jameis and the young woman have learned something about their choices. You can have whatever opinion you want but to ignore both evidence and/or lack of evidence does not support either truth or reality. To ignore the facts may serve some individual purpose but it will not make this world a better place. We need to address this problem of sex, drugs and alcohol on campus together as if our lives depended on it. We have young people that will be scarred for life because they are not being taught how to make good choices. If you think Jameis Winston is not suffering enough please talk to his momma and daddy...
1,2,3,4,&5 above, that's 5 strikes or one & 1/2 outs...#wherethereissmoke you know the rest.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
1,2,3,4,&5 above, that's 5 strikes or one & 1/2 outs...#wherethereissmoke you know the rest.

Yes I get it. Jameis is a fire breathing dragon just waiting to get you! Better gather the children and hide because he is pretty accurate with that BB gun :)