• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Denial is an ugly thing. Keep digging that hole.

The embarrassment continues unabated at Florida State, a school that has put the need to win football games above all else, including an alleged rape, a Title IX violation and, pending an investigation, an NCAA rule that some schools still actually follow.

The amazingly still-eligible Jameis Winston is preparing for the big Notre Dame game Saturday as if all of that — as well as stealing crab legs from a Publix and soda from a Burger King, firing a BB gun at his apartment complex and making a spectacle of himself yelling a vulgar phrase while standing on a table in the student union — never happened.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ce-has-a-lot-in-common-with-penn-state-101514

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ugly-t...iscourage-future-victims-034943507-ncaaf.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eis-winston-jimbo-fisher-autographs/17322575/

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410

Gee I have no idea how he is getting away with all of it.

19728ob7hzb2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Let's not forget the Grand Daddy of them all B.Bowden aka Mr.Always-Look-the-other-way and tennis shoe gate

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Yes I get it. Jameis is a fire breathing dragon just waiting to get you! Better gather the children and hide because he is pretty accurate with that BB gun :)

First, as much money as the NCAA and the schools make off of football, I think that the players should ge paid a stipend of some sort. I lived with three players in college in the dorms my Sophomore year, D1 school, very successful program, one Heisman winner and two canidates in four years. Two of the guys I lived with, if it was late and the dining halls or other campus restaurants were closed, these guys would eat microwave popcorn. One of the guys bulked up so much that he didnt have clothes that fit him and no bull****, would have to go to a shelter or the lost and found to get stuff. Two of them went on to play in the NFL, didnt last too long, but they received degrees, saved their cash and are successful to this day. Winston on the other hand is immature and incredibly myopic, keep your self clean and you will make millions, but get out of your own way. The problem with paying athletes is, as with everything else, it would be abused. Kind of sad really. Hell, let them sign autographs.I am not perfect and I am not his judge or jury, if you throw a football, win a heisman and a championship, yes, you are held to standard that others are not. It comes with the territory, Jimbo needs a come to Jesus meeting imho.

Last edited:

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
First, as much money as the NCAA and the schools make off of football, I think that the players should ge paid a stipend of some sort. I lived with three players in college in the dorms my Sophomore year, D1 school, very successful program, one Heisman winner and two canidates in four years. Two of the guys I lived with, if it was late and the dining halls or other campus restaurants were closed, these guys would eat microwave popcorn. One of the guys bulked up so much that he didnt have clothes that fit him and no bull****, would have to go to a shelter or the lost and found to get stuff. Two of them went on to play in the NFL, didnt last too long, but they received degrees, saved their cash and are successful to this day. Winston on the other hand is immature and incredibly myopic, keep your self clean and you will make millions, but get out of your own way. The problem with paying athletes is, as with everything else, it would be abused. Kind of sad really. Hell, let them sign autographs.I am not perfect and I am not his judge or jury, if you throw a football, win a heisman and a championship, yes, you are held to standard that others are not. It comes with the territory, Jimbo needs a come to Jesus meeting imho.

This is a MAN http://iam.protective.com/i-am-protective-c-j-mosley/

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Denial is an ugly thing. Keep digging that hole.

The embarrassment continues unabated at Florida State, a school that has put the need to win football games above all else, including an alleged rape, a Title IX violation and, pending an investigation, an NCAA rule that some schools still actually follow.

The amazingly still-eligible Jameis Winston is preparing for the big Notre Dame game Saturday as if all of that — as well as stealing crab legs from a Publix and soda from a Burger King, firing a BB gun at his apartment complex and making a spectacle of himself yelling a vulgar phrase while standing on a table in the student union — never happened.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ce-has-a-lot-in-common-with-penn-state-101514

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ugly-t...iscourage-future-victims-034943507-ncaaf.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eis-winston-jimbo-fisher-autographs/17322575/

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410

Gee I have no idea how he is getting away with all of it.

View attachment 38417
Dawn, What has he gotten away with?

I am listening for your solution of young men and women making bad choices?

Did you every make bad choices when you were young? If not then you are a saint and I congratulate you but most of us have. Jameis needs to learn and learn fast because the hate monster is on his back. I can agree with you haters that he needs to grow up but to try and spin this into an evil machine of bad intention is piling on. Support your team. Support your university. Support your family. We will do the same at my house and my team and my university without hating back. Go Seminoles!

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
1) There was NO sexual assault. I will not go into the graphic evidence to support this but it is there.
You were there? Otherwise you have a strong opinion. I've heard the evidence. From JW's friends after the fact.
2) He stole about $20.00 worth of crab legs and got caught and was punished to the satisfaction of those he stole from. Really. I know schools that have kicked athletes out for less. Like a store in Tallahassee is going to push for more punishment. Come on man.
3) He signed thousands of autographs with NO proof that he was paid. NO proof that he wasn't either. Notice what UGa did? Win at all cost versus win with class.
4) He stole water from a fast food business. He is now being punished for that by public opinion. Again, a second incident of stealing. You folks have some low standards there. Nick Marshall was kicked out of UGa for one incident.
5) He shot his BB gun on campus. He was stopped and roughed up a little by campus police. Actually, he and friends did over $4K worth of damage in their little fun fest. That's a felony. Except in Tallahassee. Try this out. Open up Google and type " Florida BB gun arrest". You will find links to children as young as 12 being arrested with BB guns.
I guess at FSU, you don't expect your athletes to be as mature as 12 year olds.
Free Shoes University hasn't changed. They prioritize athletics over the reputation of the university. Shameful. That you defend them so vociferously doesn't suprise me. You seem proud of it in fact.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
m1a1mg, Sounds like you are one of those people who for some reason chooses to spin this in the most negative way possible. You would make a good writer for NY Times! You would probably also be a good lawyer for the accuser since you are not interested in the evidence, facts or truth. You are still hanging on the the $40.00 pair of shoes that was given to Peter Warrick way back for goodness sakes. You have built up a lot of resentment toward FSU that I hope that spewing out this hatred helps you feel better. I know that you are more mature than Jameis Winston so please think about what you are saying. Hopefully you and I both have learned from our mistakes in our youth and are better people now. You do not know Jameis Winston and neither do I. Because he wins football games does not make him a good or bad person. All that stuff I listed are symptoms of immaturity and possibly some form of entitlement that all kids his age have. If it is some form of entitlement we are all guilty of allowing this behavior in our young people and especially athletes. I come from a small high school and I can tell you for a fact that the better athletes have less accountability when they mess up. I am 57 yo and so this has been going on for a very long time however the college culture is much different now than when I was in college. I agree with you that Jameis Winston has made too many mistakes however what you are suggesting is that there is an inherent culture of corruption, cover up and greed to win football games and that Jameis Winston raped someone. If you are a football fan of some other team I question your motivation. If you are a lawyer then I question your ability to understand the justice system (evidence, facts and due process). If you are a concerned citizen I question what you are reading and who is writing it.

I doubt you and I are a lot different in our belief in morality but if you need to believe that you are then go for it. If you need to believe that FSU is so corrupt that they would allow a young man to get away with rape just to win a football game then go for it. I guess we will just agree to disagree about those things but one thing we should be able to agree on is that you do not know me and I do not know you and neither one of us knows Jameis Winston.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
m1a1mg, Sounds like you are one of those people who for some reason chooses to spin this in the most negative way possible. You would make a good writer for NY Times! You would probably also be a good lawyer for the accuser since you are not interested in the evidence, facts or truth. You are still hanging on the the $40.00 pair of shoes that was given to Peter Warrick way back for goodness sakes. You have built up a lot of resentment toward FSU that I hope that spewing out this hatred helps you feel better. I know that you are more mature than Jameis Winston so please think about what you are saying. Hopefully you and I both have learned from our mistakes in our youth and are better people now. You do not know Jameis Winston and neither do I. Because he wins football games does not make him a good or bad person. All that stuff I listed are symptoms of immaturity and possibly some form of entitlement that all kids his age have. If it is some form of entitlement we are all guilty of allowing this behavior in our young people and especially athletes. I come from a small high school and I can tell you for a fact that the better athletes have less accountability when they mess up. I am 57 yo and so this has been going on for a very long time however the college culture is much different now than when I was in college. I agree with you that Jameis Winston has made too many mistakes however what you are suggesting is that there is an inherent culture of corruption, cover up and greed to win football games and that Jameis Winston raped someone. If you are a football fan of some other team I question your motivation. If you are a lawyer then I question your ability to understand the justice system (evidence, facts and due process). If you are a concerned citizen I question what you are reading and who is writing it.

I doubt you and I are a lot different in our belief in morality but if you need to believe that you are then go for it. If you need to believe that FSU is so corrupt that they would allow a young man to get away with rape just to win a football game then go for it. I guess we will just agree to disagree about those things but one thing we should be able to agree on is that you do not know me and I do not know you and neither one of us knows Jameis Winston.

Are you a relative of Winston?