• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Again and again. Not defending. Shouting those words were offensive and wrong and he was punished. Perhaps you want to put this young man in jail or worse. Maybe your wishes will come true but think about what society would go back to if we had lynch mobs judging and punishing people without due process.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I know you from your posts and judge you by your words. I am judging Winston, the University, and the police by their words, actions, and inaction.

By "real judgement" do you mean that Winston will finally be judged and held accountable by terrestrial authorities for his actions someday? More than a half-game suspension?

I do not count the other half which was added when it became known that Winston was lying about the incident where he stood on a table in a public crowded student area and yelled "F*CK HER RIGHT IN THE P&SSY" over and over. Are you going to continue to defend that as a juvenile mistake? Why would you defend such behavior?

Dawn, Thank you for being honest. I feel your judgement. I am so glad I do not live in the days of which hunts and hangings because I would be feeling a rope or a fire. Good luck to us all as we figure out what it is we fear...

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
A very interesting comparison of other school's responses to allegations against their student athletes. Just more Haterade, huh?:

Depending on what side of the FSU fence you occupy, the punishment has been laughably lax, or outrageously excessive. Enabled by FSU, or a victim of administrative and media overkill, take your pick.
But one thing is for sure: Other athletic directors and university presidents have been paying attention not only to Florida State's responses, but also to the public reaction and fallout.
Consider:
• Oklahoma's Frank Shannon, the team's leading tackler in 2013, was suspended the entire 2014 season after he was accused by an OU student of sexual assault. It didn't matter that the county district attorney didn't prosecute the case. And OU didn't blink when it petitioned the Oklahoma Supreme Court to reverse an earlier lower court stay that allowed Shannon to remain part of the Sooners' program. Ultimately, the state Supreme Court ruled in OU's favor.
• Oklahoma star recruit Joe Mixon was suspended for the 2014 season after he was charged with misdemeanor assault. It didn't matter to OU that he later pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor.
• Kentucky, NC State and East Carolina suspended a combined total of 14 players after they were linked to a BB gun shooting spree.
• Kentucky suspended defensive end Lloyd Tubman after he was charged with first-degree rape.
• Georgia suspended then-leading Heisman candidate Todd Gurley after allegations surfaced that he had taken money for autographs.
Still, Winston's transgressions and alleged misdeeds, as well as Florida State's action and inaction, have been noted by other ADs and school presidents. In some cases, the philosophical divide is glaring and telling.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
What is glaring to me is how some of you are so good at attacking the character of people you do not know at all. What is telling to me is the motivations behind such negative emotions. My Grandmother had a little saying that I think might be appropriate here, "go clean around your own back door"! FSU is not this evil empire that you people in this thread are making this out to be. Those cases are all different and you can believe that or not but I am going to continue to support FSU and probably even more now. You have motivated me. I believe that I might even buy season tickets to see Jameis Winston, the devil himself play some football. I think I might even paint my house garnet and gold. GO SEMINOLES!

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
I'm not attacking the character of anyone. I'm attacking an athletic program masquerading as a university.

You should have bought season tickets for this year then. I'd be very surprised if that young man stuck around Tallahassee after this season.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
What is glaring to me is how some of you are so good at attacking the character of people you do not know at all. YOU really believe that all sports writers and broadcasters know Jameis personally? NO, they write and speak of what they have heard from informants and PC's.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I believe that I might even buy season tickets to see Jameis Winston.....you do know the season is half over? And he's gone in two months.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Et tu, steel1man?

Let's exclude the rape charges. As if that could happen.

Are you denying the two theft charges? Both were confirmed and "prosecuted". Seems to me that many, if not all, other universities would kick someone off the team for that. Georgia and Florida have both dismissed future stars for theft.

The BB gun incident caused $4,420 in damages. By Florida law, that constitutes a felony. How did FSU and the TPD get around that? They divided the total by the 13 people they managed to charge. Ever hear of that being done before? Note that in Florida, juveniles, much younger than the FSU players, have been arrested for crimes with BB guns.

This is a standard you would apply to all other residents of the state. How about if someone shot out your windows with a BB/pellet gun?????? Would restitution alone be enough?

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I believe that I might even buy season tickets to see Jameis Winston.....you do know the season is half over? And he's gone in two months.

He needs to take Jimbo's advice and have a big piece of humble pie. They will hide him until they get beat in the playoff and we wont hear about Jameis Winston again after that. He will leave school to get into NFL shape in the Spring and that will be that. Then he can go on to enhance the image of the NFL, maybe they can get him on track, now that it is a kinder gentler sport.