• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
That's not correct. I did not change my response. I added to it immediately after posting it. That has nothing to do with anything. This is a ridiculous thread. Your opinions are yours. No one has issue with them. Everyone has them. Some exhibit an ability to state them without insulting others. Some, not so much. What does your expectation of my opinion, which you keep stating, have to do with the subject of this discussion? Never mind. I really don't need to know.

Teresa, I may be allot of things but I'm not one to make things up. You did completely change the structure of your original post
Shame on you only for making a post and then firing off when others weigh in with different opinions. I am certain that there are many who would agree with your opinion 100%.

That was added after I had responded or in the process of responding too.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It really doesn't matter. I do weigh in on those issues that matter to me. I've worked in the field and believe me, health and fitness are part of the job and part of the expense of a good department. All govt offices waste money on certain failed programs or equipment. I've seen it first hand. The issue is how does the chief or sheriff deal with mistakes, move on and manage overall, is there progress, is the mission being met? There are always mistakes and lessons learned, just as in any private business. It's all in how these are handled. Why nit pick? If there is gross mismanagement, then ok, let's do some complaining loudly. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. I still don't know how many deputies were sent to honor a fallen deputy in Texas. And i don't care because I believe it's important to the culture of law enforcement and to our deputies. Your opinion is well known and many agree with you. Why be so pissy with anyone who doesn't? I wasn't angry about your opinion, nor did I have a preconceived notion of your opinion would or would not be. What would be the point?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Teresa, I may be allot of things but I'm not one to make things up. You did completely change the structure of your original post

That was added after I had responded or in the process of responding too.
Yes, as I said, I added to my original post. Quite quickly. But it didn't change my intent. This is silly.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Why be so pissy with anyone who doesn't?

I answered you. Take it for what its worth.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Don't mess with Teresa. All it does is make you look bad. You may not care but you might care if you're banned.
Truman, you have NO CLUE what I said to Teresa...so why don't you worry about you and I'll worry about me?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It should be a conversation with opinions shared respectfully. I totally respect Misty and her opinions on this and any other discussion. If I or others have a different opinion on the issue, it should be a good way to further the discussion and share ideas or experience or knowledge of the issue. Truman, shut up. Lol.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I was rather surprised to see the desk bike riding, not quite sure how I feel about that. 14 miles isn't very far to ride a bike, (that's not even 2 hours at a slow pace), so they aren't getting much benefit and despite what they claim, they are distracted. That was one of the issues with the treadmill desks.

Agreed. I also believe they should be doing this on their own time.