• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Actually, they have the same interests according to the Our Generation page!

ABSW has no affiliation with the anonymous political organization, Our Generation.

For the record ABSW released it's Donor list over a month ago on our website. Only 5 donors in the $500 and up range wished to remain anonymous and much of the money raised came from smaller donations. Here is the link; scroll to the bottom of The Team page to see the info entitled "The Community": The Team – A Better South Walton

Also, ABSW takes no position on local issues or political races. ABSW’s mission is to seek more effective governance and local representation for South Walton to preserve and enhance its unique character, property values and quality of life.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
ABSW has no affiliation with the anonymous political organization, Our Generation.

For the record ABSW released it's Donor list over a month ago on our website. Only 5 donors in the $500 and up range wished to remain anonymous and much of the money raised came from smaller donations. Here is the link; scroll to the bottom of The Team page to see the info entitled "The Community": The Team – A Better South Walton

Also, ABSW takes no position on local issues or political races. ABSW’s mission is to seek more effective governance and local representation for South Walton to preserve and enhance its unique character, property values and quality of life.

I wasn't creating an "affiliation". I simply remarked on the similarities of both..

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
No worries Misty. What similarities do you see? I don't see any similarities at all.

Would you not agree that infrastructure (roads, bridges and jobs) are needed to create and function properly?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Would you not agree that infrastructure (roads, bridges and jobs) are needed to create and function properly?

Here is the most comprehensive answer I can give you. abettersouthwalton.org

The Concern
The South Walton community, if left on its current course, will rapidly lose what has made it a special and unique place with its natural beauty and distinctive character that attracts residents, visitors and small businesses alike. The opportunity exists to alter the course if we can achieve:

• Increased local representation with South Walton perspective and stewardship as a prime motivator
  • Better planning, growth management and enforcement
  • More opportunities for additional investment in local infrastructure
  • Fair and equitable allocation of tax revenues generated by South Walton
ABSW’s mission is to seek more effective governance and local representation for South Walton to preserve and enhance its unique character, property values and quality of life.

As defined in the ABSW mission above, ABSW’s focus is on thoughtful analysis and discussion regarding ideas for more effective local governance and therefore the future of South Walton. After much research, study and thoughtful consideration, we believe that incorporation of South Walton as a municipality is the best way to address our community’s concerns and opportunities. Our goal is to provide the citizens of South Walton with as much information as possible about the potential incorporation of our community and with opportunities to discuss that information and get your questions answered. Please view the presentations below for more information and visit the Feasibility Study page to access the preliminary study. Email us at info@abettersouthwalton.org to schedule a meeting with us for a group you may be associated with and to learn more about how you can help with the effort.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
We have to do something, wouldn't it be nice to have the help of Our Generation. The way I see them is they want what is best for Walton County to be able to move forward. Criticize if you want but Walton has lived for years with donors making promises, hiding in the dark, passing out cash, and then controlling the vote once the candidate is elected. I do not believe anyone can buy Fletcher, Cindy, or Nipper's vote on anything.

If Our Generation was saying the exact same thing about a business man and a female military vet but you were opposed to them, would you be saying the same thing? I think I understand the concerns expressed, and I am sure you have vetted the 2 candidates mentioned, and I have already decided I was voting for Mr Fletcher before those ads came out. So here is what I know, they did a trash peice on Commissioners Imfeld and Chapman, they have put out slick flyers for Mr Fletcher and Ms Nipper and Our Generation is about infrastructure, lower taxes and jobs. So not knowing who those are behind the curtain makes me a little concernered but hey Walton County has made the big time.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016

Thanks for pointing this forum to your donor list. I'm having difficulty figuring out how the info provided funds a $102, 000 budget (assuming that is correct) for ABSW. Would you provide some insight on that?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The Concern
The South Walton community, if left on its current course, will rapidly lose what has made it a special and unique place with its natural beauty and distinctive character that attracts residents, visitors and small businesses alike.

It's my opinion that what made SoWal special and unique existed long before developers, elected officials and pi$$ poor planning destroyed it but folks just kept recycling and the recycling included votes from folks south of the bay.

It is and always has been Walton County Beaches and we are 1 (one) Community.The idea of Nowal vs SoWal is and always has been very divisive, as are the rants about who pays the lions share (which from what I understand of incorporation) isn't going to change but will add another layer of government. The People have a say in what happens in Walton County. In fact I feel that if SoWal said more about what isn't happening for Walton County as a whole and focused less on dividing us it would be a much better Community and County.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks for pointing this forum to your donor list. I'm having difficulty figuring out how the info provided funds a $102, 000 budget (assuming that is correct) for ABSW. Would you provide some insight on that?

I am pretty sure that refers to what we need to get to the finish line...you brought up a salient point. We are in need of more donations as we are still paying for professional consulting as well as advertising and much more. Much of what we have done includes "in kind" donations for design work, websites etc....but we will continue to need additional funding to get to a vote of South Walton Citizens on Incorporation.

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
It's my opinion that what made SoWal special and unique existed long before developers, elected officials and pi$$ poor planning destroyed it but folks just kept recycling and the recycling included votes from folks south of the bay.

It is and always has been Walton County Beaches and we are 1 (one) Community.The idea of Nowal vs SoWal is and always has been very divisive, as are the rants about who pays the lions share (which from what I understand of incorporation) isn't going to change but will add another layer of government. The People have a say in what happens in Walton County. In fact I feel that if SoWal said more about what isn't happening for Walton County as a whole and focused less on dividing us it would be a much better Community and County.

We are not proposing to create another county Misty or seceding. This is not about a North against South thing; that is a simplistic view. We are talking about creating a 4th City in Walton County. We are talking about having better representation by community members who live in South Walton, governing South Walton and having more of a say over how our high proportion of taxes collected in the county are spent. We are not proposing another layer of Government at all. Same Sheriff, Mosquito Control, Fire, Parks & Rec...etc. We are proposing creating a separate South Walton Planning and Zoning board, comprehensive plan and code enforcement south of the bay. That is "Replacement Government" not another layer. We will have "Interlocal agreements" with the County just as every City does and the new City will work closely with County officials. This is not a separation by any stretch of the imagination.