• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
That's not the case. People are fed up with the statue quo.

Come on, I understand that people give for many different reasons and some of them are fed up with the status quo. But the amount of money spent on this election is unprecedented. The Washington DC and Tallahassee organizations by themselves have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. Do you really think that they care about the status quo on Walton County unless the status quo is costing them money? This observation has nothing whatsoever to do for or against any candidate, it is simply a statement of fact.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
Come on, I understand that people give for many different reasons and some of them are fed up with the status quo. But the amount of money spent on this election is unprecedented. The Washington DC and Tallahassee organizations by themselves have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. Do you really think that they care about the status quo on Walton County unless the status quo is costing them money? This observation has nothing whatsoever to do for or against any candidate, it is simply a statement of fact.
Please explain how this election could cost "THEM" money and who "them"is?

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I will say that in District 5 I think both candidates themselves have actually focused on the issues, even though I am biased in favor of Anderson. I give them both credit for addressing the issues and, I think, doing more to discuss the specifics than candidates in other districts.

You may not like the outside money and I understand that completely, and incidentally have a lot of respect for you Danny, but there's a difference in my opinion in Our Generation, which essentially ran the Nipper and Fletcher campaigns (not that they asked for it or wanted it!) and the much smaller scale negative stuff in D5 that came within the last two weeks of the election.

In terms of negativity, I think D5 is interesting because for months, it was meadows supporters attacking Anderson online...and using signs and letters to the Herald etc ....and now there's a more traditional type of "negative" campaigning focusing on Meadows' record.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
I will say that in District 5 I think both candidates themselves have actually focused on the issues, even though I am biased in favor of Anderson. I give them both credit for addressing the issues and, I think, doing more to discuss the specifics than candidates in other districts.

You may not like the outside money and I understand that completely, and incidentally have a lot of respect for you Danny, but there's a difference in my opinion in Our Generation, which essentially ran the Nipper and Fletcher campaigns (not that they asked for it or wanted it!) and the much smaller scale negative stuff in D5 that came within the last two weeks of the election.

In terms of negativity, I think D5 is interesting because for months, it was meadows supporters attacking Anderson online...and using signs and letters to the Herald etc ....and now there's a more traditional type of "negative" campaigning focusing on Meadows' record.
Addressing issues and actual doing something is 2 different things. Cindo had her chance to fix some issues the last 4 years and failed. Cindo got to go. I think the Nipper and Fletcher had to do with our high profile beachfront property owner who didn't want to lose his beach. Just my opinion.

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Addressing issues and actual doing something is 2 different things. Cindo had her chance to fix some issues the last 4 years and failed. Cindo got to go. I think the Nipper and Fletcher had to do with our high profile beachfront property owner who didn't want to lose his beach. Just my opinion.
I agree with you. Talk is cheap action is what matters. I got mailers from Nipper and Fletcher today that had Huckabees picture on them and looked exactly the same as the mailers from Our Generation. Did they coincidentally use the same designer, lol.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
I agree with you. Talk is cheap action is what matters. I got mailers from Nipper and Fletcher today that had Huckabees picture on them and looked exactly the same as the mailers from Our Generation. Did they coincidentally use the same designer, lol.
Bingo It's funny how people move here, live here for a few years or stay hear part time and want to change our County. We were doing just fine without them. So now can they please pack up and take their complaining with them.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Please explain how this election could cost "THEM" money and who "them"is?

I have no idea who "them" is. I have heard dozens of people speculate but to date have seen no proof. Therefore, I don't know how they have been cost money or if they just want the right people on the BCC so they can make more money. I have my ideas but that would be sheer speculation. I just know that common sense tells me that no one would spend the kind of money it takes to send out dozens of mailers, buy ads on TV and radio and plaster the internet with ads and not want something in return. I may have fell off the turnip truck but it was not yesterday.
Indestructible, I cannot see the difference in the our generation stuff and the Tallahassee stuff. All of it is shadow organizations from out of the county who have not shared who is funding them or what their real purpose is. I don't have a problem with telling the truth about candidate's positions or voting record but don't like half-truths and falsehoods. There has been a great deal of that from several places this time and precious little discussion of issues.
Born & Bread, my family has been in Walton County since the 1820's. Is 190 years and 7 generations enough to qualify me to be able to stay? Check it out, look for Daniel and Angus Anderson. Plus "Big John" Anderson who was killed by the Indians at Gum Creek Ford in the 1830's.