• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Also please read Mark Davis's own reponse to the public records request for receipt.

Date: February 13, 2017 at 5:11:26 PM CST
To: (REMOVED)
Cc: Cecilia Jones

Dear Reciepient:

I drafted the agenda item so to extent it was confusing, yes, that is my fault. I have no reason to notify the insurer. The County did not hire Mr. Shipman. He was hired by Commissioner Jones. She paid the fee. There was a reimbursement request. I believe, under Florida law, that she is entitled to reimbursement. I was going to ask the Commission for permission to have her reimbursed at the February 14, 2017 meeting. I was going to do that at a Public Commission Meeting. Thus, the requirements of the Sunshine law have been met. I do the county’s business in the public to avoid claims. A copy of the receipt from Mr. Shipman’s office is attached. The request for reimbursement has been removed from the Agenda. At this point, I do not believe her private check is public record, but, will look into that issue.

Mark.

Mark D. Davis

County Attorney

Office Of The County Attorney

161 East Sloss Avenue

DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433

Telephone (850) 892-8110

Facsimile (850) 892-8471

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Honey if I was after 3 minutes of fame I surely wouldn't be wasting precious time on your shenanigans. If you will notice on the receipt it Cleary states krika vs WALTON COUNTY. The fact she was called in for a deposition should be clear enough that being she is a county employee it would be a county expense. But of course that clear logic doesn't support your theory so just like before when you went by misty talking to you is about like talking to a brick wall. Carry on with your witch hunt.

If you will, notice on the actual correspondence from Attorney Shipman to County Attorney Mark Davis it says Re: Deposition Cecilia Jones/Krika v CITY of DEFUNIAK SPRINGS.

Yet, when the County got the bill it said it was Re: Cecilia Jones/Krika v WALTON COUNTY et all! Which is it?

Either it was for Defuniak Springs or it was for Walton County. Since the lawsuit does not involve Walton County it can't be both!

You keep telling me you won't be wasting your time on my shenanigans but you continue to post BS I can absolutely positively refute.

Since Ms. Jones is a public figure I can safely say someone is lying and the documentation I have presented here proves that beyond a reasonable doubt...at least in sane minds anyway.

I also have an issue with an attorney sending correspondence to the County Attorney that explains very clearly this was a lawsuit Krika brought against the City and then turns around and submits a bill for payment that suggests its a lawsuit involving Walton County that we are absolutely positively not involved in! There is NO LAWSUIT involving Krika and Walton County! None!

And just for conversation sake...Mark Davis (as much as I have admired and respected him in the past) positively knew Krika is NOT suing Walton County! While he admits he is at fault because he drafted the agenda and he admits the confusion is his fault that set this snowball rolling downhill, he is also at fault for not admitting this is a lawsuit against the City not the County and reluctantly admits the County did not hire Shipman to represent Cecilia Jones, she hired him herself.

The bottom line here and I truly hope you can GRASP this concept is, if the county were in anyway involved Cecilia Jones would have had and Council would have been provided to her by the County!

Once again, she is not allowed to go run her mouth acting in her official capacity as a Walton County Board member (an elected official) and involve herself in the day to day operations of City government, or the day to day operations of the City of Defuniak Springs Police Department. Its NOT her job! In fact, its NOT any Commissioners job!

I will grant you that the County is pretty much helpless in preventing any Commissioner from acting a fool but when taxpayer money is involved then they really should get a handle on the fools who later try to bill the county for their own foolishness.

Operate in the Sunshine Ms. Jones and we won't continue to have these issues.

By the way, clear logic tells me that if her personal attorney says it was a lawsuit involving the City of Defuniak Springs the bill should have been paid by Cecilia Jones and NEVER billed to the County.

But you know the logic of us "lunatic chickens" better than I. So, if I'm wrong on this, I'm pretty sure the real lunatics running the asylum will figure out a way to bill the County again.
People are
82d2035fdae08af8682bedddb6c02ada.png
!!!

Last edited:

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
The receipt is worthless. Look at the day they said they received it (shipmans receipt with check #) and do a request for a copy of the day it cleared Cecilia's account. If it's not within a week or it cleared recently, that would be the evidence that really mattered here. If its a different check # or date. Since it was submitted as she had already paid it and she represented it that way, I would say her bank statement just became a public record or a piece of evidence. It's probably both.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
PG...When you look at the invoice/receipt seadune85 presented Shipman claims (via his invoice) the bill was paid on 1-05-2017 with Check # 119.

The correspondence between Shipman and Mark Davis (that I uploaded) indicates that Mark Davis was well aware of this bill on Jan. 3 2017 and the lawsuit clearly involved Defuniak Springs NOT Walton County. The BCC meeting was Feb 14, 2017 and it was under the consent agenda as of Feb 13, 2017 and would have been paid had a smart, observant constituent not called Mark Davis out on this as a Sunshine violation. At that time M.D. suggested he would pull it from the consent agenda (as his own email affirms) put it under his time knowing the lawsuit clearly DID NOT involve Walton County and even under his time it would still be a violation of Sunshine law. It was pulled from the consent agenda completely on Feb 14, 2017, the day of the BCC meeting.

At this point, I don't even care whether the bill was paid by C. Jones or not. I do care about the County footing the bill for something that clearly had nothing to do with taxpayer money. I'm also annoyed that Shipman also knew that the County is/was not involved in a law suit with DFS and would literally change his invoice to reflect County involvement.

Something else I just thought about as well...the majority of the Attorneys the County has hired over the years have left the County and have a history of corruption attached to their names that followed them out the door when they left. I can't for the life of me imagine that Mark Davis would want to go out like his predecessors even though people have tried to tell me otherwise but by golly, I guess this was the wake up call I needed. Very disappointed that Mark would involve himself in this and try to pull this off over a lousy $300.00 bill. I never thought I'd see the day.

For a woman who claims her net worth was over (as of June 2016) $1,197,887 I sure hope it was worth it because when everything is said and done, folks who do the BCC's bidding will never see that kind of wealth, even in retirement. Still others have passed on practically penniless.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Do it was questioned if I was defending evil. My purpose for asking if there was a subpoena was to determine hiw she was called. If she was called in her capacity as a commissioner or as a private citizen. Maybe Mr Krika could answer that. If she was called as a private citizen then in my veiw, she should be paying for it herself. As I do not know, i can't really speculate. Sorry for misspellings and errors, on the phone.

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Do it was questioned if I was defending evil. My purpose for asking if there was a subpoena was to determine hiw she was called. If she was called in her capacity as a commissioner or as a private citizen. Maybe Mr Krika could answer that. If she was called as a private citizen then in my veiw, she should be paying for it herself. As I do not know, i can't really speculate. Sorry for misspellings and errors, on the phone.

I have answered that question more times than I can count!

If she was deposed in her capacity as a Commissioner she would have been represented by a County Attorney! The County DID NOT HIRE council for her by Mark Davis's own admission, she hired her own.

She was deposed which means she was asked to talk to an attorney(s) and answer question(s) about things she ran her mouth about to Mark Weeks the City Marshall. How many times can one say that the County is NOT involved in a lawsuit with the City of Defuniak Springs?? How many times can one say, you can't keep that woman from running her mouth to anyone she wants to but to have her private attorney bill the county because she did so, is NOT a county problem?? How many times can one say that because she ran her mouth about something the County is not involved is does not later make it a County problem when the bill comes around??

How many times can one say that if this had ANYTHING to do with County Government she would have been represented by a COUNTY ATTORNEY not her own private attorney?

How many times can one says its less than ethical for an attorney (regardless of who they are) to send written correspondence telling the County attorney this was a Krika v the CITY of Defuniak Springs deposition and then turn around and bill the County for a Krika v Walton County deposition?? Do you seriously not have a problem with that @Bob Wells?

I don't know that there was or wasn't subpoena BUT why on earth would they need to subpoena her when she willingly ran her mouth that got her deposed to start with??

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
P.S. @Bob Wells

If its so important to know whether or not she was issued a subpoena call Stephen Webster, the attorney for Krika in Tallahassee or call Mark Davis and ask him. If she was issued a subpoena in her capacity as a County Commissioners that would be public record since she billed the county and she would also have been represented by a County Attorney.