• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I absolutely agree with you. But defuniak was just built a new press box and either last year or the year before they had a team meeting room built on. Freeport has a state of the art facility with restrooms already so actually south walton is the last area in the county to have updated facilities. Who I am doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I disnt design the concession stand or the field lay out. I didn't draw the proposal for the work either. It was done by an outside entity. I merely provided input on what would be a waste of money inside the concession stand such as the deep fryers and flat top grill that was supposed to go in there before I informed them that a small slab of concrete for a grill would be sufficient. I also put my input on which side the rollup door should go on and which side the windows for concession sales should be on. So if that qualifies as special favors then I guess I'm guilty as charged. If not then I guess I'm just a mom volunteering my time in a program that my child participates in.

The little league in DFS owns their fields and all the county does is send inmates out to clean them. They used to get 10,000 dollars a year from the BCC but that was discontinued a couple of years ago. DFS is the only league that doesn't play on county/city-owned fields. They don't receive a dime now! Anything that was done to improve those parks was paid for by the league.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
That would be little league...as in baseball...not the football program. 2 completely different things.

Freeport didn't get a Taj Mahal either. In fact Chapman wasn't even willing to discuss the funding they need.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Who owns/ maintains the park across from the high school. They have a couple ballfields there and for some reason i thought there was a concession faciity. I know at one time it was a very nicely maintained field and seems they played adult baseball and travel ball.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Who owns/ maintains the park across from the high school. They have a couple ballfields there and for some reason i thought there was a concession faciity. I know at one time it was a very nicely maintained field and seems they played adult baseball and travel ball.

In North Walton? Cecilia Jones office is located there. Of course its nice...she surrounds herself in nice...remember that 60 thousand dollar office furniture?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
In North Walton? Cecilia Jones office is located there. Of course its nice...she surrounds herself in nice...remember that 60 thousand dollar office furniture?
Think that park has been there at least 10 years.