• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bob, it only takes millions of Walton tax payers money to find out which is position is superior. Have you read old English Blackstone Commentaries on custom Walton has based millions of tax payers money on? If owner private property rights prevail, Walton will likely pay the beachfront owner's legal cost as well, do you think the commissioners that voted for or voted to continue customary use litigation should then resign?
No. As with any politician who attempts to do the job they are elected to do, someone is always going to disagree with them. I hope that they continue the fight for customary use. If in the end customary use prevails are you going to quit fighting it?

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
The response to basically calling someone a c-word, and to his pride in wearing it over his red neck, isn't "lighten up." It's kindly take yourself to the kind of beach community where people feel good about such misogynistic, lowbrow behavior.
Where is it?

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
The response to basically calling someone a c-word, and to his pride in wearing it over his red neck, isn't "lighten up." It's kindly take yourself to the kind of beach community where people feel good about such misogynistic, lowbrow behavior.

I don’t post much, but I do find it funny that someone would move to an area referred to as the redneck riviera, for I don’t know at least 60 years, but apparently doesn’t like rednecks.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
No. As with any politician who attempts to do the job they are elected to do, someone is always going to disagree with them. I hope that they continue the fight for customary use. If in the end customary use prevails are you going to quit fighting it?
Bob, this is not about a “disagreement”. The difference between my opinion and the commissioner’s opinion, if the commissioners opinion is wrong it cost all tax payers multi-millions of dollar$$$.

If a business CEO or board of directors inserted their personal feelings and agenda into an investment that then cost the stockholders multi-millions of dollars in litigation, zero return, and a decades of ill will; what do you think the consequence would be for that CEO? They would or should be terminated or resign. The stockholders would also have recourse in the courts to recoup money lost for negligent CEO decisions.

But it’s all Walton property-tax payer’s millions; it’s not commissioner’s money. There are no consequences. You think Walton attorney David Theriaqu is going to tell the commissioners they do not have a great case? Theriaqu gets his $425/hr and $0 if the commissioners reconsider. So Theriaqu has zero wins on three individual Walton customary use cases over the years.

At worse the commissioners get voted out of office or get hired as the County Administrator for more money and the tax payer keeps on paying. This is about consequences for costing tax payers many MILLIONS of dollars and could get nothing but ill will. That's not doing their job.

If you or commissioners are so sure common law customary use is superior to private property rights would you risk your own money? Hundreds of beachfront owners will. If it was commissioners own money do you think the votes to litigate would be the same? I doubt it. Commissioners should at least be be accountable and resign. Maybe Walton voters would vote for commissioners that have experience running a $171,400,000 organization and investing tax payers dollars that will have a return on investment. I can dream too.