• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
A bunch of the content from this thread is being lifted into the creepy walton watchdog blog here:
Walton Watchdog
Lord only knows where else it's going. Careful, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
A bunch of the content from this thread is being lifted into the creepy walton watchdog blog here:
Walton Watchdog
Lord only knows where else it's going. Careful, folks.
"Where" is it going, Jimmy T? There is a big audience on SoWal forums. We are just having a constructive discussion. Does it matter if the info here is shared on other social media platforms? I think that sharing just gets more people involved in the discussion.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Once again, do not call out members for expressing opinions or having different views from your own. Please try to be respectful and discuss the issue, not people. Having this thread locked or deleted will not help anyone's cause.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I get it that there are people on this site that disagree with each other, but it really is a shame that both sides can't be expressed without assumptions and name calling. Whatever blog you are talking about is news to me, but the information and mostly constructive presentation of both sides was among the most civil and informative discussion I have seen anywhere. As always, there a few people that can't be civil anytime they are not in agreement on an issue. While it is clear that the leanings on this site are in favor of CU (and that's ok), it was refreshing to see that differing perspectives were allowed until "poof" all these accusations start flying and now perfectly civil postings have just vanished. It's too bad.

PS By the way, what happened to Florida Beach Bum's responses?

Last edited:

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
The beaches have always been shared, and the sand is not taxed so get real.
Beaches should be free but were sold. Such a pity. The vultures are now home to roost and booting beach lovers off the beach. To say "CU people" are stirring up trouble is laughable.

Whenever there is trouble in a SoWal neighborhood or community it is always old rich people with nothing to do but spend their dyind days becoming Scrooge. BAH HUMBUG should be the beach booters slogan.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Talk about protesting too much. He doth. Sounds like a certain orange man I've heard projecting and blaming and lying and deflecting.

Jenksy, the man (JL) doesn't seem to have a bit of problem owning what he says, whether anyone likes it or not.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Beaches should be free but were sold. Such a pity. The vultures are now home to roost and booting beach lovers off the beach. To say "CU people" are stirring up trouble is laughable.

Whenever there is trouble in a SoWal neighborhood or community it is always old rich people with nothing to do but spend their dyind days becoming Scrooge. BAH HUMBUG should be the beach booters slogan.

The stereotyping that goes on on social media sites is unreal! Do you think everybody who believes in CU is alike? Do they all go out and stir up trouble on a known private beach that has consistently enforced its private nature? Have YOU actually been kicked off the beach? Do you really think "it is always old rich people with nothing to do buy spend their dying days becoming Scrooge? Without naming anyone, how many of these "old rich people" do you actually know that are kicking people off the beach? If it's less than a handful, why not go to a different area? People keep complaining constantly about various situations on the beach and yet I have not met one person who has actually had a problem and I talk to lots of people every day. Does that mean that NOBODY has been asked to move or had the Sheriff called on them? NO, but it doesn't seem to be the widespread problem that social media would lead people to believe exists. It almost seems as though some of the people who depend the most on tourism are the quickest to spread news making it sound like there is nowhere to go to the beach. That just isn't true and anyone who actually goes to the beach knows it.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
The pied piper (Dave R and CU folks) knows exactly who will follow and what song to play.

Anti CU folks have been presented a myriad of facts here about CU and not even one has been shown to be false other than maybe who actually wrote the beer/tax analogy (logic still holds true, BTW).
Agree BMBV. I avoid using anti public customary use of private property description. Advocate for Constitutional due process and private property rights; Walton beachfront owners have had since 1776 and have to this day.

Some will say there has been affirmed customary use of all Walton private beaches. I disagree. Even the Walton Commissioner's April 1 (funny, April fools day) 2017 ordinance "affirming" public customary use of private property by declaration of 5 elected politicians BEFORE presenting evidence in court FIRST was under legal Appeal until a super majority of the Florida House and Senate and Governor recognized the lack of due process and preempted the Appeal court the following July 1, 2018, to prevent any other local Florida government from doing what Walton commissioners did, with FS 163.035. Private property rights recognized since 1776 and today except CU affirmed by five elected officials under Appeal for 15 months and rejected by the 2018 FL Legislators and Governor is a questionable claim.
House Bill 631 (2018) - The Florida Senate