Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Reggie Gaskins, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Lake View Too

Lake View Too SoWal Insider

The first and perhaps the only rule in propaganda is: if you tell a lie over and over and over and over and over again, the populace will start to believe it is true. That’s what this thread is all about.

2. Auburn Fan

Auburn Fan Beach Lover

Be more specific. Which statement was a lie?

Go ahead. Prove your point. Give us one fact-based counterargument. Like a grown up. Like a man with character.

A cheap substitute meme for lack of facts doesn't cut it. In fact, it accomplishes quite the opposite. Proves Reggie's point.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  3. Poppaj

Poppaj Beach Fanatic

Nice try but a fail. I believe BFO’s realize this isn’t a slam dunk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. FloridaBeachBum

FloridaBeachBum Beach Fanatic

I suggest no one reply (or consider stooping down) to those with nothing but juvenile meaningless taunts who are old enough (guessing collecting social security) and should know better.

To repeat my Post #190 [this is post 734]. " Best thing to do is ignore Lake View [et al]. Just want attention. Does not warrant a reply if all he's got is immature inconsequential banter. All talk, no substance. Wait LV2 [et al] won't address a single fact or will reply with his inane banter or a goofy photo."
    Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

But still be a Badger for the property rights facts and illuminate the intentional CU misinformation with the truth. I do the work to educate myself of the facts, I don't listen to antisocial media emotional dribble, and share with those who support the Constitution and want to understand the facts. I could care less what Pappj, LV2 et al think or say. They just need to find their own alternative facts to CU doctrine be credible. Maybe attorney Daniel Uhlfelder can help them. We know other FBFA members have opinions but no facts.

5. bob bob

bob bob Beach Fanatic

A lot of whistling past the graveyard I hear here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Poppaj

Poppaj Beach Fanatic

This is a legal matter to be settled in the courts and if you’ve noticed I haven’t played keyboard attorney like many on here. I only possess an opinion, not any schooling in legal matters. With all the precedent, case law, and other legalese I’ve seen on here one would believe the anti-CU people are all attorneys. You guys keep bringing up the constitution in your posts so it might be useful to remember the 5th amendment is often referred to as the taking clause.

7. Lake View Too

The first, and perhaps, the only rule in propaganda is: If you tell a lie over and over and over and over and over again, the populace will start to believe it is true. That’s what this thread is all about.

8. L.C. Bane

L.C. Bane Beach Fanatic

Is that Plan B (if needed)?

Public Use Requirement

In Kelo v. City of New London, Connecticut, 545 U.S. 469 (2005), the Supreme Court held that general benefits which a community would enjoy from the furthering of economic development is sufficient to qualify as a "public use."

9. Poppaj

Poppaj Beach Fanatic

That reads as a legitimate argument to be used here, but again I have no expertise in law.
    (Your link takes you to Keto vs US)

10. FloridaBeachBum

First, your Kelo link is to the wrong court case. Second, did you read Kelo? Can you or anyone describe the ruling in the Kelo case? Did the Government not have to pay fair market value for the emanate domain taking? Is that your point? Can you or anyone describe how Kelo would apply to Walton private property beachfront? Who were the SC judges in the 5-4 Kelo decision and who are the US SC judges today?
    Because you lost me and I suspect all 4,671 BFOs.

If you don't want to read the case and understand it; did you see the movie about Kelo? "Little Pink House"?
    Here's same crib notes too. Kelo v. City of New London - Wikipedia
    Public reaction to the US SC decision was highly unfavorable. So if you took a survey of the US SC decision and it was unfavorable; would you think the poll should trump the law?
    Do you know what happened to the New London public development of the private properties after the US SC decision? They are still vacant. There was zero public use or benefit of the condemned private properties that were forcibly taken by the government.

If you believe the private dry sand is worthless because of the government’s police power regulation of private use of beach property; that was addressed in post #624.

Might want to read the Bert Harris Act too.

11. L.C. Bane

L.C. Bane Beach Fanatic

Pounce! Links bad. Get over it. I was referencing anothor posters comment. Take a bath and calm down.

12. FloridaBeachBum

In-credible, as in not credible. Have you read KELO? What's the point of bring up KELO? Or just more knee-jerk reaction?
    Link is fine if you know the correct JUSTIA link to use. Kelo v. New London, 545 U.S. 469 (2005)

Public reaction to the US SC decision was highly unfavorable. So if you took a survey of the US SC decision and it was unfavorable; would you think the poll should trump the law?

13. Lake View Too

The first, and perhaps, the only rule in propaganda is: If you keep telling a lie over and over and over and over and over again, the populace will start to believe it is true. That’s what this thread is all about.

14. FloridaBeachBum

Why are you repeating, repeating, what I already said in post #240 about FBFA and anti social media CU misinformation??
    Are you agreeing with my #240 post about CU propaganda?
    #240 post Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
    "I guess if you repeat [CU] misinformation enough times, it becomes the illusion of truth to some [CUers]."
    Illusory truth effect - Wikipedia
    "The only way to dispel the [CU] illusion is to shine the light of truth (with facts) on it."
    What public customary use of private property facts are you offering?

15. Lake View Too

Every time I read your slogan on this thread, I will give my opinion. Your slogan is a false claim that insults an entire community that stretches across the entire southeast and stretches across many, many generations. You can repeat it ad nauseum, and I can give my opinion, ad nauseum.

The first, and perhaps, the only rule in propaganda is: If you keep telling a lie over and over and over and over and over again, the populace will start to believe it is true. That’s what this thread is all about.

16. Lake View Too

The premise of this thread was never about facts. It was about your false opinion of where the blame lies in this situation. Your strategy seems to be to prod and poke truly honest people into emotional responses that you can use on other websites, out of context. If you are trying to sway public opinion this is about the most blatant epic fail I have ever witnessed. You need to know when to shut up, but you don't.

17. L.C. Bane

L.C. Bane Beach Fanatic

Are you okay?

18. BlueMtnBeachVagrant

BlueMtnBeachVagrant Beach Fanatic

Dear @FloridaBeachBum,
    I am so sorry that you (we) have to out to put up with the likes of @Lake View Too and @L.C. Bane - all noise, no facts. All emotion, no facts. All mistruths, no facts. All denial of the relevance of facts and no facts. No facts, period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Lake View Too

I looked on my ID card: Guess what? I'm not Judge Green. Have you presented all your facts to him? Stop whining.

20. FloridaBeachBum

Not sure what the point of Kelo is to Walton private beachfront property rights, or the 1951 Keto (not Kelo) US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, linked in L.C. Bane's original post, #738 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

So back to more CU malarkey for the property rights advocates or anyone else who may be interested in the facts.

It's interesting to read back over old newspapers. Like newspapers, Sowal "Local Government" thread goes back to 9-22-2005 Local Government and Groups
    How BOFs are "greedy" if they want to enjoy their Constitutional private property rights, that BFOs, not the public, pay property taxes on to the MHWL. It is interesting to see the history of public/private-beach beliefs, ignorance of private property laws and the Constitution then too, and predictions of impending economic doom, just like today 14 years later.

Seems the South Walton economic predictions of economic doom since 2005 based on opinions and beliefs, if you look at the growth and tourist tax revenue over the past 14 years, are NOT credible.
    Beach destinations are public demand & in Walton 50% private supply. Inept Commissioners' unmanaged growth, TDC public expectations marketing, and antisocial media-lies are at the crux of the public customary use of private property discourse today. The property owner paid a premium for the title to the beach/supply and pays the local property taxes required to own the beach/supply, with all the property rights any other Walton County property owners has. The Commissioners' TDC have annually spent $20,000,000 and next year has budgeted $29,000,000 to bring more tourist/demand here with no plans to educate the public what is acceptable behavior and woefully ineffective beach code enforcement. A sheriff doing his best to avoid enforcing property rights. Kudos to the Deputies who have to endure staged for social media altercations by attorneys who should know better.

Since 2007 the Commissioners have tried to figure out how to change the legal title on the private beach supply. First by creating beach with a $173 Million tax payer paid 3.8 Million cubic yards of crappy not-white, shell-ridden, off-shore sand 50 year plan, and a legal perpetual government private property construction easement.

When BFOs exposed the Commissioners/TDC less than trasparent beach fortification plan and 94% of the (1,192 parcels) BFOs rejected the property easements; (2) then the politically elected Commissioners just unilaterally declared war on private property rights with an archaic English aristocratic common law on the private beach/supply without BFOs Constitutional due process. Required a super-majority of FL legislators (including local FL Rep Brad Drake) and Governor to step in and pass a private property legal due-process law (FS 163.035) to prevent any other FL county from doing what Walton Commissioners were stupid enough to legally try to do.

Commissioners' tried a legal strategy to force BFOs into being the Plaintiff, with the burden of proof to show BFOs Constitutional property rights was superior to an old English common law of custom. That's back-***wards. A super majority of FL legislators, and the Governor connected those dots and rectified that due-process ruse before the courts could have. Saving tax payers millions of dollar in legal fees.

Today CU believers, incited by Commissioners spending many millions of tax payers dollars to litigate an ancient English common law against 4,671 BFOs have a strategy to fan the flames of the masses on antisocial media - the only problem with that strategy - what if BFOs private property rights prevail in court!? Commissioners' will have 4,671 really really angry BFOs who will have had to endure this Commissioners' and antisocial media's CU legacy. CUnCourt

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
    • List