• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Can someone on this thread please explain to me how CU advocates can get away with statements like Daniel Uhlfelder just made this morning? If a BFO said that, they would be villified. Also, how can pro CU folks get away with threatening statements that are all over social media since the video released this past weekend? It just seems there's a huge double standard. I can find lots of examples of pro CU people demeaning BFO's online, but can you find any BFO demeaning pro CU folks? It seems all of the name calling and double standard gives 30A a bad name. Weird since Uhlfelder lives and works in the area.
I thgink it's because hogging beaches is morally wrong and anti-human, while saying stupid stuff is, saying stupid stuff.

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
I thgink it's because hogging beaches is morally wrong and anti-human, while saying stupid stuff is, saying stupid stuff.
I get that you have an opinion about the beach, Dawn, and I respect your right to state it. And I hope that you would respect my right to my opinion. It's the vile name calling that I don't get. One thing we agree on, saying stupid stuff is saying stupid stuff. Unfortunately, I think the saying stupid stuff gives 30A a bad name- especially since all of this nonsense is going viral on social media.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Can someone on this thread please explain to me how CU advocates can get away with statements like Daniel Uhlfelder just made this morning? If a BFO said that, they would be villified. Also, how can pro CU folks get away with threatening statements that are all over social media since the video released this past weekend? It just seems there's a huge double standard. I can find lots of examples of pro CU people demeaning BFO's online, but can you find any BFO demeaning pro CU folks? It seems all of the name calling and double standard gives 30A a bad name. Weird since Uhlfelder lives and works in the area.
You obviously havent read this thread in its entirety........

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016

I'm curious. Have you been to the beach? I keep seeing remarks from people about difficulties going to the beach or sitting on the beach and now "hogging" the beach. I am just not seeing this except in a few hot spots. Are people trying to find trouble?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
But I have, JodiFL. Please show me where any BFO on this thread has called any pro CU person names or made fun of them or threatened them, or wished them harm, or that their homes would be destroyed by hurricanes, etc.
Then you must have missed the "ignorant,emotional,mob,childish" parts of several posts here.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
But I have, JodiFL. Please show me where any BFO on this thread has called any pro CU person names or made fun of them or threatened them, or wished them harm, or that their homes would be destroyed by hurricanes, etc.
The passive-aggressive, trolling, smarter-than-you attitude is as bad as anything said or done. The beachfront owners on this thread are here to stir up trouble and little else. It is behavior that hasn't been tolerated on this site in the past and I for one look forward to you getting banned or slinking away soon as you cry and moan about unfair treatment and censorship. It's a common pattern we've seen repeated over the years on this site, usually from right wingers. They show up, troll, get rebuked, and cry victim.

After reading for awhile it is obvious there is only about 3 beach hogs on here posting under multiple screen names as sock puppets. That is against forum rules.
@BlueMtnBeachVagrant crabby self has posted on here for years so he gets a pass I guess.

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
The passive-aggressive, trolling, smarter-than-you attitude is as bad as anything said or done. The beachfront owners on this thread are here to stir up trouble and little else. It is behavior that hasn't been tolerated on this site in the past and I for one look forward to you getting banned or slinking away soon as you cry and moan about unfair treatment and censorship. It's a common pattern we've seen repeated over the years on this site, usually from right wingers. They show up, troll, get rebuked, and cry victim.

After reading for awhile it is obvious there is only about 3 beach hogs on here posting under multiple screen names as sock puppets. That is against forum rules.
@BlueMtnBeachVagrant crabby self has posted on here for years so he gets a pass I guess.
Wow. I can only speak for myself. I am new to this forum. Although I have lived in the area for years, I had no idea this site existed until a friend shared it with me. I have truly enjoyed all of the different types of information here. I was intrigued by this thread because it seems to be an important issue in our community. I have never posted anything here to cause trouble. I have asked a question based on my observations. I don't make my comments personal, and I try to be reasonable. What I don't understand is your vitriol against me. I do not have multiple screen names, and I am no one's sock puppet. I find it interesting that just because someone has a different opinion than you, you want to see me banned. Is that the way we treat each other in our 30A community? By the way EZ4144, what's your real name? How do we know that you're not here under multiple screen names just to stir up trouble? I was hoping for an adult conversation about an apparent double standard, but I guess I won't find that here. I will go back to my earlier statement saying stupid stuff hurts our 30A community's reputation.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Wow!! “morally wrong and anti-human”? Really? Please define “morality”. Please define anti-human. Your morality? American founding fathers morality? Western hemisphere morality? Eastern hemisphere morality? Ancient culture morality? The morality incorporated in our American Constitution and laws?

Morality - Wikipedia
Morality

That’s the 3rd time in this thread alone that morals have been brought up.

“... tactic of moral superiority.” of CU replies.
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

“Legal deed or not, there is no moral justification.”

“ ... is morally wrong and anti-human ...”

The implication is that the poster is morally superior and that beachfront property owners who stand up for their legal property rights are immoral. That facts and laws do not matter. That leads to name calling and other emotional responses to facts and the law.

Credibility of the moral position suffers when the only response is name calling or making judgments of someone's immorality one feels or believes about another. Casting the first stone comes to mind.

Dawn who are you to judge and what morality are you judging others by? The morality incorporated in our American Constitution and laws?

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach

More baseless conspiracy theory conjecture. Why do you believe or what legal basis do you have for public customary use of private property except; just because, I believe in customary use, I saw it on an internet slide?

If shining the light of facts on the illusion of opinions as facts is string up trouble there is a lot more stiring to do.

If you donated yours you could be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
Why don't you buy beachfront property and donate it? There are many properties for sale. What a hero you'd be.

Last edited by a moderator: