• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Is it really behavior that caused the CU vs Private beach issue?

Poor Beach Behavior is not the cause of the "CU vs Private beach issue" but (IMO) a result of Entitlement Use vs the Property Owners perceived Right of Exclusion.

The "Private Beach Issue" is a perception of private property owners that they have constitutional property rights, in particular Right of Exclusion for deeded land they purchased vs some citizens perception that constitutional private property rights don't exist if you happen to buy property in certain areas, even if the property has been owned by the family for generations.

You can try to improve behavior, which would be great, but still have unresolved issues of Entitlement Use vs Right of Exclusion. I used the word "perceived" since both sides don't agree on what might be considered "Constitutional Property Rights" and "Right of Exclusion" and waiting on Judge Green to make a ruling.

Behavior is hard to control if a person does not want to be controlled and there are no repercussions for poor behavior. Similar to someone making a video of a person running through kids playing soccer at Seaside (apparently nude), then running by a beach bar on a public beach, where he is shot by a sniper and dies. Someone can say they are "against that behavior and against someone that would make and post that video" but they don't control video makers behavior, nor do they have the ability to remove the video from social media.

If there are no enforceable rules and a free for all, then behavior can not be controlled. Anyone on this forum ever raise a teenager? The poor beach behavior is a result, not a cause. If people with poor behavior were removed from the beach, their behavior, and the behavior of those around them, would change (assuming they wanted to stay on the beach). Like a football game that has referees that won't enforce rules or call penalties. Soon the game is out of control and players get hurt, some for life. Both teams keep pushing the limits, and when they find there are no enforceable limits, people get hurt. Some blame the players, others blame the coaches, others blame the people that make the rules, but still the game gets out of control if the referees don't enforce established rules.

The Sherriff says he won't enforce trespassing laws. TDC won't enforce ordinances, in particular that no beach equipment can be within 15 feet of the water line, Lawyers won't obey the Sherriff asking them to move off private property and instead make videos encouraging the public to disobey requests by uniformed police and ignore beach ordinances and permit requirements. Some CU "leaders" have encouraged destruction of signs and private property. If the Sherriff said he would not enforce speeding limits in front of Butler Elementary, people would speed and children would get hurt. Some could say they use to drive as fast as they wanted on that road before the school was built and they have a "Right" to speed since no one will stop them.

IMO the sense of Entitlement is one of the root causes of the behavior issues on the beach along with the lack of Density Management, too many people wanting unlimited access without restrictions to a limited resource. If there were only a few people wanting to go the 30A beaches like 20 years ago, there would be no issues. There are issues because we have more tourists that can be accommodated with our limited resources and because of that our sensitive and unique ecosystem is being destroyed.

30A Legacy...

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
So is it Reggie Gaskins, Stone Cold J, or whatever your name is? It appears your Mis-spelling of the word "Sherriff" may be very telling... and reeks of desperation to be heard. It appears Reggie has reanimated into Stone Cold J. I suspected the writing style and tenor was similar but the misspelling giveaway was obvious. Such effort to remain anonymous and get your message out there. Why not stand out in the sunshine and speak as you truly are?? So sad to have to hide in shadows. What are you afraid of? Why not speak as the person you actually are?

DETAIL OF Reggie Gaskins POST WITH MISSPELLING OF "SHERRIFF" :
Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 4.31.53 PM.png

FULL POST WITH THE DETAIL FROM ABOVE
Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 4.32.02 PM.png

Detail of Stone Cold J's most recent post with exact same Mis-spelling of "Sherriff"

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 4.32.51 PM.png
FULL IMAGE OF MOST RECENT POSTING FROM STONE COLD J WITH SAME MISSPELLING OF "SHERRIFF"

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 4.33.06 PM.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.png
    image.png
    616.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Us old guys would appreciate real answers, not the childish replies we keep seeing here.
And the rest of us too. I’m in denial. :lol: BTW, I think we’re in agreement that we shouldn’t “hold our breath” waiting - definitely hazardous to your health.

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn
Next time I talk to Mike, I will confirm how often that word gets misspelled. The real desperation was exhibited by your feeble attempt to distract from the genuinely compelling arguments presented by both posters, and your inability to reasonably answer any of the questions presented in this thread with sound facts. But thanks for the hearty laugh, Dave. :rotfl:

Sheriff’s long-awaited memorial includes unfortunate misspelling

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Next time I talk to Mike, I will confirm how often that word gets misspelled. The real desperation was exhibited by your feeble attempt to distract from the genuinely compelling arguments presented by both posters, and your inability to reasonably answer any of the questions presented in this thread with sound facts. But thanks for the hearty laugh. :rotfl:

Sheriff’s long-awaited memorial includes unfortunate misspelling

No, all of your group’s anonymity speaks volumes not owning up to your own thoughts and words as your own. That is what has me laughing. Such lengths are taken to remain anonymous. You all don’t seem to understand that your anonymity dilutes your legitimacy and integrity.

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn
No, all of your group’s anonymity speaks volumes not owning up to your own thoughts and words as your own. That is what has me laughing. Such lengths are taken to remain anonymous. You all don’t seem to understand that your anonymity dilutes your legitimacy and integrity.

Not sure what you mean by "such lengths", unless that is indicative of how hard you're trying to figure out who everybody is with these normal anonymous userIDs like EZ4144, Lake view too, Bob Bob, PapaJ, jensky, Dawn, Mputnal, foX. Etc. (and don't count off for spelling, please.)

You, Dave Rauschkolb, don’t seem to understand that your inability to respond to the facts presented here (regardless by whom) dilutes your legitimacy and integrity.

Facts are facts.

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn
I only stay anonymous because of the legitimate concerns for my business and property.

I have seen all the acts of protest and challenges on beach property, and I can't take any chance that Uhlfelder or FBFA or God forbid that BeachApp guy won't come after me like has been done at Vizcaya, Sugar Dunes, and Ed Walline.

I've spoken at length with Sherriff [sic] Mike about the security concerns. Anonymity is necessary. Many BFO's I've spoken with feel the same way. Social media is so toxic, that many don't even risk speaking out at all.

So Dave, if you think I'm going to let FBFA do to me what you've done to Mike Huckabee and others, you are nuts.

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I only stay anonymous because of the legitimate concerns for my business and property.

I have seen all the acts of protest and challenges on beach property, and I can't take any chance that Uhlfelder or FBFA or God forbid that BeachApp guy won't come after me like has been done at Vizcaya, Sugar Dunes, and Ed Walline.

I've spoken at length with Sherriff [sic] Mike about the security concerns. Anonymity is necessary. Many BFO's I've spoken with feel the same way. Social media is so toxic, that many don't even risk speaking out at all.

So Dave, if you think I'm going to let FBFA do to me what you've done to Mike Huckabee and others, you are nuts.

That is the most BS narrative that you can come up with. To say that Florida beaches for all has had anything to do with harassing anyone is ridiculous. I’ve spoken at length with the sheriff as well. Individuals, Good people who have invested here and are not beachfront owners and those who are are visiting here, react to having their right to use the beaches restricted on their own and it happens pretty often on our SoWal beaches. I’m sure that those instances are well documented with the Sheriff. We, Florida beaches for all has no control or coordination whatsoever in what happens on our beaches and for you to insinuate that Florida beaches for all has anything to do with harassing anyone is an absolutely outrageous statement.

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
That is the most BS narrative that you can come up with. To say that Florida beaches for all has had anything to do with harassing anyone is ridiculous. I’ve spoken at length with the sheriff as well. Individuals, Good people who have invested here and are not beachfront owners and those who are are visiting here, react to having their right to use the beaches restricted on their own and it happens pretty often on our SoWal beaches and I’m sure that those instances are well documented with the Sheriff. We, Florida beaches for all has no control or coordination whatsoever in what happens on our beaches and for you to insinuate that Florida beaches for all has anything to do with harassing anyone is an absolutely outrageous statement.

Whoever you are.