• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Alright, I just adjourned our Power Brokers emergency meeting. We are scrambling now that we've been exposed! We have hired Rudy Guliani to speak for us, you'll be hearing from him soon.

Now, back to reality. If you want to really know Reggie Gaskins, you'll be very disappointed in me, versus your imagination version, I promise. Just know that I'm a real person, I live here, love and care for our community and beach. I don't know a single other member of SoWal and have never conversed directly with any of them, or met in person. Not my game. My life's work is enough challenge, no room for that.

Or..... I'm a juvenile drug offender in Paducah on house arrest in my Mom's basement, and just love my keyboard. You pick.

Conspiracy theories of Power Brokers on beach are Chicken Little add-ons to the CU scare. A geographical group of people reacting to being sued with the very tax dollars coming out of their hides is not a class war. It's defensive behavior against obscene assault by their neighbors and county officials. For those of you making it class warfare, read a book. And not the Saul Alinsky crap that is demonstrated in this current public circus.

1) Stop telling people what YOU want for THEIR property until you are willing to do the same. You have zero voice in how you view their property, or what they should do with it, regardless of where it is. Our laws don't work that way. If you want to buy beach property, and let it be for public use, be that hero. But do it with your money, stop being so honorable with other people's money. And yes, its money. Just like the money in your house, in your car, in your 401k. If that is your only argument, that beach property is more expensive so owners must be greedy rich, you obviously don't know most of the BPO's in Walton County. Go meet them, you'll be embarrassed at your words and behaviors.

2) Most smart, fiscally responsible adults will put real estate, second homes, lots, farms, acreage, in legal categories to protect against tax loss and to further structure the liability. An LLC is the cheapest, most common vehicle to use towards that intelligent end. To imply that an LLC or a trust is a reason to suspect nefarious intent is plain ignorance. It exposes your naïveté to today's family finance structures. I'd be concerned if I were your family member.

Let's get back to solving our beach problem, and enough with the shiny objects and squirrels. Class envy, class warfare, class hate is unbecoming of a community that honors turtles and rainbows.

Regardless of who wins,
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

Last edited:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Good beachfront "power broker" meeting. Geeez.

It’s taken me some time, since I have to work, to get to this. For the BFOs and property rights advocates. I’m just not replying the “power broker” and conspiracy theories Malarkey because you can’t fix ............... it here. Trust the credible facts; not in-credible beliefs. Let the CU shutdowns and innuendos begin.
Walton County is litigating because a handful of powerful lawyers, politicians and beachfront owners devised and then encouraged the Florida Legislature to pass, in record time, HOUSE BILL 631 ...

More uninformed, false, untrue, not credible, or relevant CU agenda misinformation. The repeated post is not true, unless there are alternative facts to the contrary, and is either intended to incite or is delusional (Wikipedia. A delusion is a firm and fixed belief based on inadequate grounds not amenable to rational argument or evidence to contrary, not in sync with regional, cultural and educational background). The more untrue CU beliefs that is posted the more in–credible and not relevant the posts are to the “players” with real property interests except to incite the uninformed masses on social media to a political agenda for public CU of private beachfront property – even if private property owner rights prevail in court. Like BMB quiet title, Vizcaya or BMB was ever public property, that South Walton will become a tourist ghost town without CU, or that there is even one Seaside 30A business owner that is “beachfront” with standing to intervene; excluding the Seaside developer and HOAs, is false and not credible.

“Walton County is litigating because a handful of powerful lawyers, politicians and beachfront owners devised and then encouraged the Florida Legislature to pass, in record time, HOUSE BILL 631 …” For the 1,000,002nd time. Really? Where are the Facts? Or just not credible; Fiction.

Walton County had their own HB631 lobbyist, $425 an hour attorney Theriaque, Commissioner Tony “sand-flee” Anderson, local FL House Rep Brad Drake, and CU activists, including Surf Rider, at the HB631 Committee hearings. Have the video if you want. A YEAR before HB631 in 2017, a similar bill passed the House and Senate but did not make it out of a Senate committee.

HB631 was NO secret by a handful of anybody. More uninformed, false, untrue, fact-less, not credible CU agenda misinformation.

#601 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
Two years later a “handful” of BFOs and a celebrity BFO convinced 29 out of 36 FL Senators (80.6%) and 95 out of 126 FL Representatives (84.8%), including local Representative Brad Drake to Vote for 2018 HB631. 83.8% of the 2018 FL legislators and the Governor.
House Bill 631 (2018) - The Florida Senate
A “handful” of BFOs owners convinced 124 Yeas, including Brad Drake, to vote for HB631 is just NOT CREDIBLE. Me and a “handful” of BFOs are willing take the time to shine the light of truth and facts on the CU myths. We are just the TIP of the 4,671 BFO iceberg. Remember the Titanic and the iceberg?

#33 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
The bill passed the Florida Legislature with an overwhelming bipartisan majority and 100 percent support of the Walton County delegation -- 29-7 March 6 in the Senate and 95-17 March 8 in the House [Including Rep Brad Drake]. That's a total of 24 votes against in the whole of the Legislature. No wonder the governor didn't veto it. Why would he?

#235 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
WOW Theriaque, Walton's $425/hr, land use attorney just described HB631!

“You can't be surprised or disgusted or incredulous that the Walton County Board of Commissioners voted to proceed. I've said it many times: "You can't have it both ways." The court rulings that were happening were not going the way of Private beaches so this "process" was invented to Legislatively influence the private beach outcome more quickly and efficiently.” No facts, not credible beliefs. Clear lack of understanding of any court cases and would be glad to clarify the ruling facts if needed.

Who wants it both ways? CUnCourt. This thread just proves that the courts are the ONLY place to settle this property rights. That's why 50%+ of the 1,194 parcel owners, including at least one that is not a beachfront owner, are intervening; not a handful. I for one have said lets settle this once and for all so we can get (1) to respecting private property rights, (2) the public can enjoy the 13 miles of public beaches and private beaches if individual owners agree, and all 26 miles of Public Trust foreshore like before Commissioners declared CU war on BFO property rights.

“P.S. after the Bill was passed there was great effort to influence the election of the Commissioners ..” PSS. Including 30A Seaside business owners, Florida Beaches for All, Inc., ECAR Realtors should we post the political contributions? And Democratic CU believers that switched and encouraged others to switch from Democrat to Republican parties to vote in the County primaries, then switch back to Democratic party. Legal but ethical? Know anyone that did that? So here we are.

Why not have Non Partisan Elections in Walton County?
I changed my party affiliation so that I can vote in the primaries. Took me about 5 minutes at the annex.
Dave Rauschkolb: I'm doing it today! July 7, 2016

#950 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
Describing a Florida statute voted for by 84% of the FL legislature, including local House Rep Brad Drake, and signed by the Governor, as "criminal" is not a great starting point for any discussion about public customary use of private property.

#421 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
March 21, 2018. South Walton REALTOR publicly announced meeting hosted by REALTOR CEO Keith Dean, with Florida House Representative Brad Drake [who voted for HB631 along with a super majority of the FL legislature and Governor, rebuking 5 partisan Commissioners], Commissioner Tony Anderson, Walton Administrator and former Commissioner Larry Jones, and Walton Attorney Heather Christmann that was a follow up to the March 15, 2018 REALTOR/Walton Strategic meeting.
Tony Anderson; “Anyway. We feel fortunate we got the language we [Walton County] wanted in there [2018 HB631]. We feel fortunate the [Florida Legislator] Speaker let it [HB631] pass with it [the language] in there. ... The battles, we may have lost the battle; but we’re going to win the war.”

Last edited by a moderator:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
JodiFL makes a very good point about the LLC's. The power broker arguments about liability was just a deception in terms of their agenda. I believe that there are two types of beach front owners: Corporate and Family. The Corporate BFO's either are the power brokers or have hired out a trojan horse campaign to try and gain support in their bid to weaken the local government and the community (divide us). They need support and realize that many Family BPO's are not wanting to go against community good will. IMO I believe these power brokers are not really local people who care anything about community. The BBC realized that there was no way to negotiate. I understand that the BCC helped get us into this mess but right now they are fighting for control of the beach. If the power brokers gain control of the beach we The People will be left with whatever is left. Wealth and Power are always looking to monopolize resources. It is purely economics to them. Every time a parcel would go up for sale they have the wealth to purchase over the county. The problem with CU activism is that The People have been divided by politics and have made themselves an easy target. The power brokers are trying to divide us into the human rights free entitlement group and the property rights "I have earned you have not group". I believe the power broker group campaign will not stop until they own the majority of the beach so that they control the local economy. I am not a conspiracy theorist but rather a realist. They have enough facts about beach behavior, BCC making bad decisions and property rights that will make it hard for Customary Use to survive if it gets into the political arena where they already wield power. I hope I am wrong but I believe politics are already at play and Customary Use is about to take a blow. I think the Community better have a back up plan. The question of course is whether or not Customary Use activism and legal precedent is enough to win this in court. If the power brokers are able to get this to the Supreme Court they feel they now have an advantage with the Trump appointees. Eminent domain will be costly. Politics again will be a player. Either this will come down to the will of the People or Corporate Beach.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I just read those last two posts from the power brokers. They could reveal who they are but they do not. They could prove that they are one of us but they do not. This trojan horse campaign was planned. They have spent hundreds of hours gathering the information making it hard for us to have a voice. They will gladly be our voice. They will even tell us what the reality is. Listen to your conscience. Protect the beach from these people whoever they are!

Here is a fact: the power brokers have access to tons of data and they use that date to mislead, misdirect and deceive. Catmoney again your information tells the power broker story of deception. DO NOT TRUST THEIR DATA because it has now been proven to be deceptive. They also just brought up Class War. Wow they are covering all bases.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Chicken little :) Classic attempt to diminish and devalue. Listen to them only because they are the BIG chicken :)

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
mputnal, why have you not disclosed your full name like Rachael Ashman McKee? What city or community do you reside? Goes to your credibility.

I use a pseudonym because I don't want Daniel Uhlfeilder or some other CU activist staging intention trespass for anti-social media publicity and taunting Deputies on my property like he has multiple times before.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
FBB now I know you are not from here! Even LVT knows who I am who I don't always agree with but at least I know that he/she lives here. Why are you scared of Daniel Uhlfeilder or any chicken little for that matter? Why are you worried about my credibility?

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Predictable, not credible reply. If you are so well known, put it out there. What are you scared of? What city do you reside? I'll wave if I see you walk by on the 825 miles of Florida public foreshore.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
#950 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
Describing a Florida statute voted for by 84% of the FL legislature, including local House Rep Brad Drake, and signed by the Governor, as "criminal" is not a great starting point for any discussion about public customary use of private property.

Just want to clarify that it was Dave Rauschkolb who used the word “criminal” when characterizing the act of a SUPERMAJORITY of BOTH the Florida House and Senate of their passing of HB631......
By nature I’m an out-of-the-box thinker and a problem solver but this recent legislation in my book was yes, criminal and drastic and way out of line

That appears to be a lot of slander aimed at a lot of our politicians, IMHO; not what I would call good “out-of-the-box” thinking.

Plus I believe that no group or individuals have THAT MUCH PULL to influence a vote that results in a SUPERMAJORITY in the Senate and House.

But some CU advocates still try to pedal this false narrative along with many others.