• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

teacher's aide

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2014
What is unfortunate is that every candidate or issue endorsed by the educators of this county were defeated. What educators must do is continue to organize and build up the financial strength to really help our candidates like the firefighters did for Jones. Of course we want to keep our process open and aboveboard and keep the interests of the teachers and students at the forefront. As with the salary negotiations, setbacks and adversity only help you get stronger. We must find a way to coordinate our efforts throughout the county. Leddon and Glidewell won north of the bay while Roberts won south of the Bay. Had we been able to promote these candidates throughout the county maybe the results would be different. Finally, prayers for Mr. Barnhill going forward.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
The next candidate will be Carlene Anderson. She told a tv station yesterday she would reconsider her decision to retire if the NO vote won. Guess she figured she would be unqualified to get appointed.

And Misty, Jdarg was stating a FACT about where the county gets its money. If the north does want our involvement, they should refuse our money.

Imagine the battle when SoWal incorporates and votes to keep all the bed tax dollars.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Imagine the battle when SoWal incorporates and votes to keep all the bed tax dollars.

I wish I had kept an accurate count of how many people mentioned incorporating South Walton in the last week alone. There are a lot of rumblings, and people looking into the process. The election results will certainly light a fire under quite a few.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
The election is over and regardless of what the voter's said, they obviously do not understand how a good school district functions. That is a sad situation but then it is one of the risks we run by being a republic. Anyone qualified to do so can vote. All votes count. Even the misinformed and uninformed ones and those supplied by some who have no inkling of what an issue is about.

With a charm offensive like that, how could you possibly have lost?

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
The no bunch is celebrating because elected superintendents are cheaper than appointed ones. Entry level teachers are cheaper than experienced, better educated teachers too. This, I supposed is what the no people want for our children. Maybe they'd also like entry level firefighters too if their houses were to catch on fire. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
soooo happy I made in back in the country just in time for the gnashing of teeth and the pointing of fingers and the hand wringing

What is unfortunate is that every candidate or issue endorsed by the educators of this county were defeated. What educators must do is continue to organize
Union Tool, the union was once again proved impotent and useless yet you think the answer is more union? That's laughable, just take your dues money and use it just like toilet paper and it will be equally effective, don't paint educators as homogenous drones when what you mean is union sheep.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
yep, and the people saw what they were going to be paying for and rejected it despite the arrogance of you and others about it

Not arrogance, just hopeful that the improbable would happen. I predicted the outcome of the election and referendum. All I can do is vote. The candidates with the big money won and I accept it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
South Walton has tried (or at the very least, talked the talk) to incorporate before. It's not going to happen.