• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Camp Creek Kid said:
KB, you are SO smart! I just checked the property appraiser's site and Zohouri (owner of Aquatera) bought that house for 4.3 mil in December. I do not like the idea of all those people on our quiet stretch of beach! What a bummer :pissed: .

You're right, KB and CCK. We have such a quiet beach. When we're there in May, January, February, November, and August, there are plenty of times in the early morning, during the day, and at sunset when we're the only ones at the beach -- very nice. Haven't been there during a peak summer month yet, but we'll see how busy it is when we get there in late June. I'll have to see how close that Green Street is. It's not right next to us (1/4 mile maybe, is that correct?) so we'll still have a pretty quiet area since most people won't want to carry their beach chair 1/4 mile toward us. But it does mean we'll see more people when we look toward Panama City Beach.

Times they are a changin' (but then I have to remind myself that we're part of the change ourselves).

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
You are toooooooooo funnny!!!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :rofl: :rotfl:

No I did not purchase any lots that night! We just bought a camp on a canal and so that has tied me up!!

dsilvar said:
You discovered that after your stomach was full and your pockets were loaded with freebees?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Paula said:
You're right, KB and CCK. We have such a quiet beach. When we're there in May, January, February, November, and August, there are plenty of times in the early morning, during the day, and at sunset when we're the only ones at the beach -- very nice. Haven't been there during a peak summer month yet, but we'll see how busy it is when we get there in late June. I'll have to see how close that Green Street is. It's not right next to us (1/4 mile maybe, is that correct?) so we'll still have a pretty quiet area since most people won't want to carry their beach chair 1/4 mile toward us. But it does mean we'll see more people when we look toward Panama City Beach.

Times they are a changin' (but then I have to remind myself that we're part of the change ourselves).
If you guys think that Aquaterra building 72 (or something like that) homes in that quiet area, go visit the beach at Big Redfish today and come back in another 2 years and see the change. They are adding over 500 units along the Lake, and forever impacting what was one of the quietest places along the beach.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
If you guys think that Aquaterra building 72 (or something like that) homes in that quiet area, go visit the beach at Big Redfish today and come back in another 2 years and see the change. They are adding over 500 units along the Lake, and forever impacting what was one of the quietest places along the beach.

Given the sizes of some of the communities here, 72 homes isn't really that big. We have about 40-45 I think at the Cottages at Camp Creek (I never counted) and it feels pretty small and doesn't seem to make the beach very busy (again, I haven't been there yet in peak summer months but will do so soon and am very curious). So, I don't think 72 homes will make a big difference on the beach or the area -- there are several other communities around here, but they don't seem to overwhelm the beach at all, perhaps because there are multiple beach accesses along the beaches that spread people out. We shall see how it feels once Alys Beach and Aquaterra are completed and people move in. But, again, they're 1/4 - 1/2 mile away.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Also, it's not 72 big units. They are small as SJ noted. Which I think is an excellent idea. :clap_1: :clap_1:

Anyone know if Aquatera will be using "green" building techniques? Or anything that will make them energy efficient -- not just from a heating/cooling standpoint but also using renewable materials and/or Energy Star appliances. I think that's the wave of the future and would be a huge selling standpoint, if not this summer than in the years to come, which is when those units will be built anyway. Would be a smart move by the developers and not too much more expensive.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
TooFarTampa said:
Also, it's not 72 big units. They are small as SJ noted. Which I think is an excellent idea. :clap_1: :clap_1:

Anyone know if Aquatera will be using "green" building techniques? Or anything that will make them energy efficient -- not just from a heating/cooling standpoint but also using renewable materials and/or Energy Star appliances. I think that's the wave of the future and would be a huge selling standpoint, if not this summer than in the years to come, which is when those units will be built anyway. Would be a smart move by the developers and not too much more expensive.
I know that a contractor that builds Eco block houses was at the party, maybe he is trying to get them to do something. The eco block homes are solid and very energy efficient.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
TooFarTampa said:

The nice thing about communities with small places is that you get a real sense of space when outside because you see trees, vegetation, sky, and stars when you look around rather than a lot of construction around you. I really like a sense of space. It's probably not as important when the buildings are spread out across a lot of space, but if they are close to each other, having small places can be very aesthetically pleasing.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Paula said:
Given the sizes of some of the communities here, 72 homes isn't really that big. We have about 40-45 I think at the Cottages at Camp Creek (I never counted) and it feels pretty small and doesn't seem to make the beach very busy (again, I haven't been there yet in peak summer months but will do so soon and am very curious). So, I don't think 72 homes will make a big difference on the beach or the area -- there are several other communities around here, but they don't seem to overwhelm the beach at all, perhaps because there are multiple beach accesses along the beaches that spread people out. We shall see how it feels once Alys Beach and Aquaterra are completed and people move in. But, again, they're 1/4 - 1/2 mile away.

Paula, there are 34 cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek. Green Street is much close than 1/4 mile. Aquatera is 1/4 mile. Green street is across from Brenda Lane and just west of Sand Cliff condos. From the beach, the lot in question is about 6 lots east of our beach access.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Yes, I've already let myself mourn the loss of our quiet empty beach, and brace myself for the coming of Aquatera and Alys. That partly why I'm taking so many landscape photos of our beach right now, while I still can get some with no crowds, permanent umbrellas or lounge chairs in them. Ah well, the winds shall blow. As long as the people who come are as friendly as the few we pass now (and I'm sure they will be), it won't be so bad.