• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Enjoyed and agree with the thoughtful (lengthy) comments. Was hoping to read more content about Aquatera here :dunno:

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Unplugged said:
Enjoyed and agree with the thoughtful (lengthy) comments. Was hoping to read more content about Aquatera here :dunno:

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson

are you expecting more from a msg board than the developer's web page?
http://www.aquaterafla.com/main.php

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Unplugged said:

I lack the talents of which your sig line refers to....but, I play a mean washboard!!!:D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Unplugged said:
Not necessarily, just insight & commentary to balance the sales perspective:cool:
I think it is too early to know much of anything other than what the developer tells us. Personally, I like the location, the architectural sketches and size of the homes. I think too many people have energy guzzling second homes, and am glad to see these smaller layouts, still with plenty of room. Having Camp Creek Boulevard (or whatever the name is) adjacent to the property, I think it will make travel north, east and west much easier.

I have not heard talk of prices yet, but I would guess they are going to be fairly strong, given the surrounding upscale communities.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Unplugged.

I agree with the Thomas Jefferson quote you have and let me give you about 6 paragraphs why...(just kidding). ;-)

Regarding Aquaterra, our places are on the east end of 30A and I think we'll be about 1/4 mile west of Aquaterra. I like Aquaterra's design that I saw on their website. It looks charming and the words to describe it sound good to me.

I think this part of 30A is excellent because:

(1) it's high on a dune so there's quite a bit of protection (as long as your not gulf front);

(2) the area has a lot of resources coming (which I realize in some ways is too bad because this was a nicely under-developed area just a few years ago and that's one of the reaons we liked it). But, given that the communities are here and coming, then we'll have our own good coffee shops (Fonville Press, Seacrest Cafe), ice cream shops (Rosemary Beach/Seacrest Cafe), restaurants, shops, etc., all within 1-2 miles for walking, biking, or a short drive, so you wouldn't really have to get stuck in the traffic on 30A during the busiest seasons. It will be interesting to see if we'll be able to handle these resources without as much traffic congestion on this end of 30A.

(3) the communities being built in the area for the most part have character and are nice to walk through and drive past.

(4) I think it will be easy to get to from the airport (the current and future PCB).

(5) It would be about 5 miles from Seagrove, 7 miles from Seaside, 10 miles from Grayton Beach.

(6) I think the beaches are quite nice in this area. I don't know what the benefits/risks are of the different beaches during/after storms are though (e.g., potential erosion) but it's worth finding out.

(7) Beach access will be important. I'd want to know where the deeded/private beach access will be, how far it will be, and if there's a public beach access nearby as well (having two beach accesses within walking distance is useful in case one is unavailable for some reason at any time).

(8) You would end up being more connected to Panama City than Destin if you wanted to get off of 30A for anything.

(9) If the monthly cost of association fees matters to you, you'd want to know how much the pools, landscaping, etc. will cost. The simpler the environment, the lower the association fees.

If I was looking for a place and had the $, I'd keep my eye on Aquaterra because I like the diagrams on the website and the location. There are so many communities now, it's really a matter of whether the place meets your aesthetic preferences and lifestyle choices (and of course, what you can/are willing to pay).

I hope that was helpful.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Paula--about Reason #1, being high on the dunes and getting that extra bit of protection: you forgot to say what a lovely view you get, too. It's a nice little bonus. The view was one of the first things I noticed about your subdivision of Cottages at Camp Creek (nearby and on the same side of the road as Aquatera). I thought it was marvelous.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Here are the prices that I was given the night of the party.

They released 6 lots prices are $575,000. $585,000 and $615,000.

I was told the beach access is Green Street?? I guess they bought some Gulf Front property and turned it into their beach access. I do not know if they are going to have a tram (like Wild Heron) to take you... it would be a short stroll.

Everything else you can find online. www.aquaterafla.com

Oh and if you are wanting to purchase one of these properties you can PM me, yes ....I am a Realtor as well!! :D

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks, Mermaid. Yes, we like the view from our area as well. We don't have a view of the ocean from our place, but we're only a 4 minute walk to the beach access and that wonderful view. I'm awed by the view every time I see it (along most of 30A, frankly). Lily Tomlin in her one-woman play "the Search for Signs of Intelligence in the Universe" had a great line in the play about doing awe-robics every day. I do awe-robics every time I get to SoWal and see the beach, relax on the porch, see the dunes, etc.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Unplugged said:
How does all this relate to 'Aquatera' specifically?? :dunno:

Unplugged, I think you should do us all a big public service by going down to Aquatera yourself and reporting back. As you can see, we're all pretty well useless about keeping to the specifics. (Even though we try! Really... ;-) )