• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
katie blue said:
Yes, I've already let myself mourn the loss of our quiet empty beach, and brace myself for the coming of Aquatera and Alys. That partly why I'm taking so many landscape photos of our beach right now, while I still can get some with no crowds, permanent umbrellas or lounge chairs in them. Ah well, the winds shall blow. As long as the people who come are as friendly as the few we pass now (and I'm sure they will be), it won't be so bad.

And the truth is that the beaches in Seacrest/Rosemary are rarely "crowded." Rosemary has the highest concentration of beach goers and I've only seen it crowded on the big holiday weekends. Even then, there is still only one row of chairs and if you want to get away from the "crowd" all you have to do is walk a few yards along the beach.

I'm sure the old timers that live around me were not too happy when our development when in. I don't think we've done anything to impact the area in a negative way and if anything we've have been a help when it came to rebuilding the walkover after Ivan and Dennis.

Hopefully Aquatera will have some nice shops/restaurants that we can walk to.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
BY JOYCE OWEN SUN REPORTER

?Aquatera is the perfect place to find yourself.? That was the focus of a presentation on April 21 to introduce Aquatera and its designers to the South Walton community. It has it?s own drink ? the Aquatina ? a pale blue mixture of rum, blue curacao and pineapple juice with a slice of lemon representing the sun, sky and sea, the coastal elements of Aquatera. ZOL Development, developers of Aquatera, was founded on the simple premise, ?Americans love coastal living, especially at prices that offer a true value in the market place.?
The company is one of the largest landowners of Texas beachfront property and ZOL Development plans to build high-quality beachfront communities along the Gulf of Mexico in Texas and the Florida Panhandle, having identified the area as an emerging third coast.
Jose Lora, president of ZOL, said he uses a simple formula, ?listen to market needs. Find out what makes people feel comfortable.
?We designed a true sense of community through careful land planning, architecture and landscaping,? Lora said. ?We created pedestrianfriendly neighborhoods that bring people together in an appealing resort setting.
?We believe it is vital for our coastal developments to offer an exceptional vacation lifestyle, enjoyable amenities, appealing architecture and quality construction,? said Lora. ?We are an ocean front developer by design.?
Lora said the developers don?t plan to complete with the larger projects underway in South Walton, ?We are not fighting to compete with our neighbors. We want to provide quality, elegance and exclusivity.?
Town planner Jim Tinson said, ?Aquatera would become the next jewel on the Emerald Coast.?
Located on 26 acres near the intersection of County Road 30A and WaterSound Parkway, ZOL plans to build a community with 135 single family homes, 105 condominiums, three beach flats and a town center with 18,000 square feet of commercial space.
Real estate broker Johnny Earles is the exclusive sales agent for Aquatera. At Friday night?s event, Earles said he had seen incredible changes on 30A, and promised to bring exciting restaurants, retail and cultural experiences to Aquatera?s town center.
Construction is already underway with the first phase with 49 single-family homes to be completed in the spring of 2007.
Homesite prices start at $600,000.
Houses will range from about 1,200 to 1,800 square feet and will start at about $1.15 million.
Condominiums will start at $1.5 million and beach flat condominiums will start at $3.5 million.
For now, the sales office is at Gulf Place, but Earles said agents would relocate to a sales center on the site once the old Arnsdorff sales office was renovated.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks CCK and KatieBlue:

We usually come to town off-season (Aug - May) so we often find ourselves alone on the beach. We'll see if that changes with these new developments. I plan on walking to Rosemary Beach a few times this next trip and it seems like there will be interesting things to see along the way. I'm partly in denial maybe. Well, we will get some interesting places to walk to (I already frequent Fonville Press, Seacrest Cafe, and Shades -- haven't yet taken time to know Rosemary Beach, but will do so the next few trips).

SoWalSally:

Thanks for posting the article. I though Aquaterra was supposed to be only around 70-80 houses. It's bigger than I thought it would be.

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
SoWalSally said:
BY JOYCE OWEN SUN REPORTER
Construction is already underway with the first phase with 49 single-family homes to be completed in the spring of 2007.
Homesite prices start at $600,000.
Houses will range from about 1,200 to 1,800 square feet and will start at about $1.15 million.
Condominiums will start at $1.5 million and beach flat condominiums will start at $3.5 million.
Hmmmmm...property prices comming down? condos a bad bet? Methinks before too long, the only way you will be able to live in Okaloosa/SoWal is to fork over a million plus bucks.
These development financial sponsors must know something we dont know....unless they are all idiots...shelly? what say you? how can Aquatera be so bullish in this market?

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
Once the development machine is started it takes a while to shut it off if you even can. Don't you see the blindingly obvious sales trends?

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
Pirate said:
Once the development machine is started it takes a while to shut it off if you even can. Don't you see the blindingly obvious sales trends?
I see the trends..its just the longevity of these trends that I don't see.
Not sure of your "development machine inertia" analogy..if there is no profit in it, logic says "no investment" no matter the stage of development. Can one say "stop loss".

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
dsilvar said:
I see the trends..its just the longevity of these trends that I don't see.
Not sure of your "development machine inertia" analogy..if there is no profit in it, logic says "no investment" no matter the stage of development. Can one say "stop loss".

Apparently, a lot of developers still think there's a profit in it. Was looking at pending dep permits and walton and bay counties are holding their own against Ft Myers, Naples and the East coast.

http://appprod.dep.state.fl.us/www_pa/pa_county_count.asp

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
I have driven by this development a couple of times and really don't see any beach access.

Is there a beach access for Aquatera?