• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Re: Aquatera land for sale?

Camp Creek Kid said:
The Property Assessors office says $61 mil for the sale. It doesn't matter how much the seller got (tho they got the best of the deal because this was a flip). What matters is how much the buyer paid and they paid it when nobody else would touch the property. The numbers just didn't work with the low density.

I wonder how much that big party cost? Fried lobster tails and champagne! :lol: IBD and Chickpea you lucked out ... SHELLY, you should have gone! It woud have made for a good story ...

Has the land been cleared or is it pretty intact? I am happy for those of you in the area.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Re: Aquatera stopped??

dsilvar said:
ahhhh..uno momento..the exact comment was they would'nt finish the project unless they could make money..:roll:
The operative words here are "due to lack of development financing". Somebody found out there was no profit in it...end of project.

I'm not exactly sure what "exact comment" you are referring to...the only comment I see reads:

"These development financial sponsors must know something we dont know....unless they are all idiots...shelly? what say you? how can Aquatera be so bullish in this market?"

I also see this comment about Mr Earles:

"Real estate broker Johnny Earles is the exclusive sales agent for Aquatera. At Friday night?s event, Earles said he had seen incredible changes on 30A, and promised to bring exciting restaurants, retail and cultural experiences to Aquatera?s town center."

If the comments about Mr. Earles' backing out are indeed true, then I guess Mr. Earles' "promises" are nothing more than RE "puffery"...not that there's anything wrong with puffery, but one should expect all other "bullish" comments made by the developers are puffery as well (especially if one is putting a substantial amount of cash or leverage on the line).

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

TooFarTampa said:
I wonder how much that big party cost? Fried lobster tails and champagne! :lol: IBD and Chickpea you lucked out ... SHELLY, you should have gone! It woud have made for a good story ...

Has the land been cleared or is it pretty intact? I am happy for those of you in the area.

I'm betting this will be the end of these "par-tays"--now we're entering into the "human directional/sign spinner" phase of the Real Estate Boom: Human Directionals

Yesterday I was driving through Ft Walton Beach on my way out to visit friends on Pensacola Beach and passed some poor Hispanic guy in 95+ heat waiving a sign with an arrow for a "New D.R. Horton Homes" development. :blink: (P.S. The new "homes" were tiny, concrete block homes on postage-stamp sized lots).

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
Re: Aquatera stopped??

SHELLY said:
I'm not exactly sure what "exact comment" you are referring to...
Touche!...however, I was refering to the working principle here, which is that, one can test the market by floating infomercials, parties and hyperbole at a cost, but when the feedback is dismal, as with Aquatera or any other "investment project" then the major $ are reigned in.
The "exact comment" was subliminal..could'nt you tell..:dunno:

SHELLY said:
..."promises" are nothing more than RE "puffery"...not that there's anything wrong with puffery, but one should expect all other "bullish" comments made by the developers are puffery as well ..
Now there is a streatch of imagination!!..is that like guilty by association? Convict me of RE puffery and broken "promises" one time and all my bullish comments become irrelevant ad infinitum?
Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water? no?....:shock:

halawallah

Banned
Jun 28, 2006

Camp Creek Kid said:
The Property Assessors office says $61 mil for the sale. It doesn't matter how much the seller got (tho they got the best of the deal because this was a flip). What matters is how much the buyer paid and they paid it when nobody else would touch the property. The numbers just didn't work with the low density.

I thought flipping was illegal?

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Flipping is not illegal. It becomes illegal when buyers, brokers, appraisers, etc. conspire to defraud.

halawallah

Banned
Jun 28, 2006
spinDrAtl said:
Flipping is not illegal. It becomes illegal when buyers, brokers, appraisers, etc. conspire to defraud.

Is that what happenned here? a conspiracy to devise an artifice or scheme to defruad, using wires, signals or mails? Is the lender a federally regulated institution or undar the auspices of the executivve branch?

And won't those homeowners on Green Street love it when the house next door is now:rofl: a clubhouse for 150 Aquaterra owners?

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
halawallah said:
And won't those homeowners on Green Street love it when the house next door is now:rofl: a clubhouse for 150 Aquaterra owners?

Seems that there might be some zoning issues here . . .