• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Can someone who has the juice hit the reset button? Everything to zero and we start fresh? Though that may be where this is headed anyhow. I guess it is good that our military is occupied elsewhere and can't be used to bludgeon the citizenry here at home, but can be used to bludgeon those with the oil. Have our warships been retrofitted to carry oil? Wouldn't it be wild if all this was anticipated or premeditated? And if that was the case is America going to say "Check-Mate" or will she tip over her King? Or jumble the board as she gets up to use the bathroom and really muddle everything up? Kablooey :dunno:

ClintClint

Beach Fanatic
Jul 2, 2008

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
It's really interesting how this whole thing feeds in on itself - a housing downturn leads to a credit crunch, which leads to a contraction of business and unemployment, which leads to more downturn in housing, which leads to a bigger credit crunch, which leads to more contraction in business and unemployment... and so on and so on.

At some point we have to bottom out. All the real-estate loans for people who couldn't pay them go bad, Wall Street finally writes off the last of these bad assets freeing capital, the last bank that can't survive fails and gets bought up, and housing prices finally crater to a point where people with cash and good credit start buying.

The question is, how long will this take? I'd estimate about two years.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
It's really interesting how this whole thing feeds in on itself - a housing downturn leads to a credit crunch, which leads to a contraction of business and unemployment, which leads to more downturn in housing, which leads to a bigger credit crunch, which leads to more contraction in business and unemployment... and so on and so on.

At some point we have to bottom out. All the real-estate loans for people who couldn't pay them go bad, Wall Street finally writes off the last of these bad assets freeing capital, the last bank that can't survive fails and gets bought up, and housing prices finally crater to a point where people with cash and good credit start buying.

The question is, how long will this take? I'd estimate about two years.
I used to think you were unduly pessimistic, now I am thinking you are unduly optimistic. I will be very happy if there is a thing like "cash and good credit" and I have any of it. If there isn't, I am going to club you on the head with a cow's leg bone and make you my valet. How are you at tanning hides and drying seaweed?:wave:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Wow, I thought my Sowal account had been hijacked until I saw the post date!

Amazing how many people can see this problem coming (both candidates claimed they tried to stop it during the debates) yet NOONE actually did anything to prevent it or cushion the blow!

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I used to think you were unduly pessimistic, now I am thinking you are unduly optimistic. I will be very happy if there is a thing like "cash and good credit" and I have any of it. If there isn't, I am going to club you on the head with a cow's leg bone and make you my valet. How are you at tanning hides and drying seaweed?:wave:

LOL, I used to think Capricious was overbearingly pessimistic. Never mind. :wave: