• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Sandestin is defiently not a place I would choose to stay b/c of the number of condos to beach ratio. There was plenty of room for those of us staying at Beachside. If someone had not tried to reserve the entire beach for phantom customers. I think of the 7 set ups covering the whole beach maybe 3 were used.
Once it becomes obvious that set ups are not being used, what's to keep people from just plopping down in them or moving them to the side and making room for their own stuff? Do the set up attendants stay there all day? Seems like prime real estate being wasted/hogged?

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
In our case I believe they must have been covering a few condos. You would see them come through several times a day. So you might get a couple of hours,but they would be along shortly to collect their money or have you move.

Tate10

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2005
cleveland, ohio
Beachside was perfect today. They were moved back about 20 ft from the previous few days. Plenty of room to get up front and empty setups were not taking up good space.:clap:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
View attachment 24853 Here is a recent pic from Sandestin. Helps to give some perspective.
"Honey, I'll be on the nineth row, section B, seat 42."

Zoom in and look at the right side of the photo. There are essentially nine rows if you include the personal setups on the water and the other personal set ups near the back.

This scenario is exactly what helped us find 30A! Thank you for your success, Sandestin!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The set ups in front of Sea Bluff are few but I use to like to walk the beach and when I did it was in the water. I have noticed the past few days the set ups at Adagio are so close to the water one would have a difficult time walking in front of them even if they were in the water. Murray's statement of the ordinance says " a reasonable distance back from the water's edge". I don't think one or two feet can be considered a "reasonable distance" by any stretch of the imagination. Beach chair and umbrella providers need to consider those just passing by or they will find themselves answering complaints from those traversing the beach.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Andy A, you are right. Please remember that being on vacation doesn't mean to take off your common sense and common courtesy hats. We had a grown man with his two young boys push right through us in line tonight at Blue Mtn Creamery. Being that I'm fairly relaxed and we weren't harmed, I didn't say anything to the man, as obviously, getting his ice-cream before us was so important. I think some people need to go back and get some manners from their mommas.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
View attachment 24853 Here is a recent pic from Sandestin. Helps to give some perspective.
"Honey, I'll be on the nineth row, section B, seat 42."

Zoom in and look at the right side of the photo. There are essentially nine rows if you include the personal setups on the water and the other personal set ups near the back.

For the life of me, I cannot see the appeal of Destin, Sandestin & Panama City. I'll stay right here in Paradise! I sure hope it NEVER gets this way on 30-A!
:wacko: