• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
BeachAngel ~

Rumor is spreading fast ... about your fresh dried catnip ...

2 more of the Seaside Cats got word of it .... they wanted to know if they could get in on the catnip action too! :D

Cali1.jpg

Sox1.jpg
ABSOLUTELY!! I CUT BACK ALL OF MY CATNIP IN THE FALL AND DRIED IT IN BIG BUNCHES. IT IS POTENT!! MIGHT WANT TO POT SOME UP FOR YOU IN THE SPRING TO GROW FOR THE KITTIES THERE. MY GUYS LIKE TO EAT IT FRESH (MAKES THEM QUITE DRUNK) BUT ALSO LIKE IT DRIED. BTW - THESE CATS ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL! THE TORTIE LOOKS LIKE HE/SHE COULD BE RELATED TO THE CAT MY SON RESCUED LAST YEAR FROM UNDER THE BUILDING WHERE FIRED UP IS. WILL BRING CATNIP AND SEE YOU AROUND 2/15-ISH.:wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I spooked the one in the top photo, earlier this morning, when I walked by as the cat was about to eat. Couldn't even get a photo.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
You know that brings up the subject of Whiskers Friends, or some other type of cat rescue program. EC Wildlife should do something I would think, a ferral cat is wild after all, particularly if there is nothing else to take care of them. There really should be some kind of program and support from the community.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
You know that brings up the subject of Whiskers Friends, or some other type of cat rescue program. EC Wildlife should do something I would think, a ferral cat is wild after all, particularly if there is nothing else to take care of them. There really should be some kind of program and support from the community.

Because the cat is not completely wild anymore, being that he lets some of us pet him and he eats treats, then he is not technically considered wild anymore ...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
...and the "wild" cats have people feeding them cat food every day. They are more like "freedom" cats, having the ability to roam where ever they want.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Evil Blue Nemesis (the neighbor's cat) takes the plants out long before they're full grown.

:funn::funn:

Love that name! Sounds like Evil Blue Nemesis is a "freedom cat" too.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Evil Blue Nemesis is actually pretty friendly to other cats. He got the name from us because we only let our cats out as far as the screened back porch (we're a block from two busy roads, and have had coyote predation issues in the past) and when my cats plunk down just the other side of the screen from him, my senior blue cat will then turn around and complain to me about how it's so unfair that the other blue cat gets to roam free all the time while he's stuck on the porch.