• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
There is Feline Friends. I don't know how to reach them, however, most vets have their number. They do a grayt job. They even catch wild cats, have them fixed, then release them back where they found them. OR they have foster homes and the cats get adopted.

Give them a try. I have a psycho kitty myself!!!

Hmmm... none of the vets we spoke with mentioned these folks ... we will have to check into this .... thanks for the tip ...

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I know a couple of folks are paying out of their own pockets to feed and care for the cats. Maybe they could let us know if food or vet care is needed so that we can help out if we want. (hint hint)

yes .... there are many of us who pay out of our pockets to feed the cats ... those of us who can don't mind at all ... others do it even though they can't really afford it .... we appreciate your generosity and kindness ... perhaps we can work on organizing some kind cat fund ... maybe a local vet would like to help ... what do you think? they could take donations of food and money ... a cat fund ... folks could give to this fund .... then when issues arise, they use the money that has been building in the fund towards the medical care of the cats .... in our opinion, there seems to be plenty of food for the cats but when one of them gets hurt or injured or doesn't appear well, the employees in Seaside just can't afford to take them to a vet .....

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Just an update .... the gal at B&A's has been taking great care of the cat ... along with other employees at the shops .... he has been receiving antibiotics daily ... and even though his injury still looks nasty ... in our opinion, it does look a little better and he seems like he may feel a little better ...

Suncat

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2005
Tennessee
Just an update .... the gal at B&A's has been taking great care of the cat ... along with other employees at the shops .... he has been receiving antibiotics daily ... and even though his injury still looks nasty ... in our opinion, it does look a little better and he seems like he may feel a little better ...

:clap::clap:

Thanks so much for the update and info!! I want to help too. I wasn't aware an organization wasn't feeding the cats anymore. I can bring food on my trips there if I know where to leave it. I would also donate to a vet fund. Those abscesses can look nasty but with antibiotics they will heal just fine. If a local vet would be in charge of taking donations and keeping it in an account, then the cats could have medical care if needed. Thanks to the shop employees for all they do!!!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you're organizing to take care of the cats, it really would help to get in touch with Feline Friends (Petsmart should also have contact info there since they work together on adoptions). They've done all the paperwork to become a 503(c)(3) corporation, and if you could set up some sort of chapter or umbrella partnership with them, it helps at donation times.

I gave moeny to Whisker's Friends in the past, and one of the things that got them in trouble a few years back was that they weren't a 503(c)(3), so donors couldn't write donations off come tax time. It's also reassuring to donors to know that there is an accounting plan in place to make sure their donations are being properly handled.

Hollibird

Beach Lover
I have been feeding the nieghbors cat. They dont let their cats in the house which drives me insane. i have a ragdoll and a himmy. So after feeding the one outside... I now have 4 cats, 2 raccoons and a possum... everynight...without fail. I dont know if I am helping or hurting, But I feel like they will starve, they aren't wild. They are all very well groomed cats. (the raccoon is cute too... but the possum?.. <shiver>

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Some Grayt news! Gretchen (sp?) from Bud & Alleys is the hero of the day. She had actually noticed the cats problem days ago and had contacted some peeps already about it. Though, evidently no one had made it out to see him yet. She was brave enough to grab him up and give him some much needed medicine. It was awesome! She is awesome! The coolest part is that he came right back to her for treats --- obviously he was graytful for help! We will all continue to keep a watchful eye on him .... we love stories like this :clap:

Jake Rules!!!! Jake is the big grey. For years we had a Calico named Levi. What's Bud & Alley's without an alley cat? Thanks to Gretchen & 2bohemians for looking out for the Seaside Kitties.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Update: The cat seems to have improved greatly. On Wednesday morning, there was a note from the Whiskers people saying not to feed the cats on Wed. & Thursday. They said they would be setting traps and taking them in for [SIZE=-1]vaccinations. Haven't been over since Thursday but hopefully they were successful in getting their check-ups. Thank you Whiskers. And yes Dave, we agree, Jake is awesome too -- thank you too for all that you do :clap: [/SIZE]

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
I've never managed to grow catnip successfuly down here. Evil Blue Nemesis (the neighbor's cat) takes the plants out long before they're full grown.
A great trick to keep the cats from destroying catnip plants is to place a wire hanging basket, minus the liner over the plant. Use some stakes to secure it in a few spots. The plant grows thru the cage allowing kitty to munch while the base of the plant stays safe.