• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
You might want to talk to them again, I guess someone misunderstood your questions. :roll:

I stand by my statement. He was not forced to resign. He chose to resign. Sometimes people think it will not all come out in the end, but in reality he chose to resign rather than facing the investigation and discipline.

Were either people forthcoming with all of the facts - No.

Another example of PIO spin.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Forced/asked, it was not a choice, it appears it was QOBF. (Quit Or Be Fired)

This from the daily News article
"Barker was asked to resign based on the accumulation of information, including text messages, that made it clear a relationship had occurred, Bruner said. That was enough evidence for Adkinson to request a resignation."

Last edited:
I stand by my statement. He was not forced to resign. He chose to resign. Sometimes people think it will not all come out in the end, but in reality he chose to resign rather than facing the investigation and discipline.

Were either people forthcoming with all of the facts - No.

Another example of PIO spin.

Just as I thought:lol::lol: Talk about "spin."

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Forced/asked, it was not a choice, it appears it was QOBF. (Quit Or Be Fired)

This from the daily News article
"Barker was asked to resign based on the accumulation of information, including text messages, that made it clear a relationship had occurred, Bruner said. That was enough evidence for Adkinson to request a resignation."

In my book two options make a choice. But I'm old school when words had meaning.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
When your employer asks you to resign, the only choice is to resign or get fired.

Give it up - he didn't leave the job of his own accord. :roll:

Glad he's gone - how tacky!

HOT OFF THE DAILY NEWS WEBSITE:

"The internal investigation?s report was completed Wednesday. It said Barker had an ?inappropriate relationship? with a subordinate employee that he failed to report to a supervisor. Barker violated agency policy and would have been fired if he had not resigned."

Still drinking the kool-aid IG?

Who you should be furious with is the person(s) who misled you and told you the story was false when the Sheriff now admits it was not.:bang: