• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fishheadspin

Beach Comber
May 18, 2009
I know when i say this, i am not the typical tourist. You guys have something great in south Walton and I am one who would like to see it stay that way. I have been coming to Destin several times a year for 25 plus years and I for one have seen Destin grow into the tourist trap it is now. So now when i come to fish or vacation, we usually go to Grayton. When i come to the beach, I try to leave it in better shape than when i got there. I usually pack a plastic bag or garbage bag in my snorkel gear or fishing gear. I pick up trash when i am there and throw it away when i leave. I have even go as far as telling other tourist to not bring glass bottles to the beach. It is nothing to pick up a plastic sack full of dixie cups daily in Destin!

Everyone should try to leave it better than when you got there. if you see trash on the beach take it home with you.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The same is true for your lot as well. You going to give yours back?

I haven't claimed exclusive rights to my property. You have. I understand that this planet doesn't belong to humans. Our egos get in the way, and make us believe that we actually own a particular square because we pay money for it, but I know differently. ;-)

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
The aesthetic of the beaches is everyones responsibility

Responsibility needs to happen for the sake of the beach itself. When someone that has some legal form of property leaves their own chairs, tents, volleyball net out on the beaches, it is viewed by those visiting as to how they too can treat their chairs, tents and volleyball net.

Look back on this thread to the photos of a tent buried four feet in the sand and ask yourself the question. Who removed these items from the beach?

Most times it will be left for someone else to take care of. You know this. I know this. It is the same thing with broken shovels and beach chairs. Are we going to call that stealing too because whoever finally removed it didn't own it?

I appreciate your ownership of beach property and I won't set up my chairs and umbrella next to your sea oats. I hope others won't either. I believe it is fair to ask that the sand from the toe of the dune to the waters edge be left empty each night out of respect for everyones right to a beautiful beach.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Responsibility needs to happen for the sake of the beach itself. When someone that has some legal form of property leaves their own chairs, tents, volleyball net out on the beaches, it is viewed by those visiting as to how they too can treat their chairs, tents and volleyball net.

Look back on this thread to the photos of a tent buried four feet in the sand and ask yourself the question. Who removed these items from the beach?

Most times it will be left for someone else to take care of. You know this. I know this. It is the same thing with broken shovels and beach chairs. Are we going to call that stealing too because whoever finally removed it didn't own it?

I appreciate your ownership of beach property and I won't set up my chairs and umbrella next to your sea oats. I hope others won't either. I believe it is fair to ask that the sand from the toe of the dune to the waters edge be left empty each night out of respect for everyones right to a beautiful beach.

I don't
Posted via Mobile Device

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I haven't claimed exclusive rights to my property. You have. I understand that this planet doesn't belong to humans. Our egos get in the way, and make us believe that we actually own a particular square because we pay money for it, but I know differently. ;-)

I will be sure to let everyone that they are welcome to drag all of their crap to your property and do what ever they choose whenever they choose.

Don't you sell real estate? I'm confused if you do - you sell property to people and then claim they don't enjoy the rights of ownership.
Posted via Mobile Device

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I don't
Posted via Mobile Device

I have found someone as stubborn in their opinion as I am and that's OK that we don't agree. It makes us human.

Just know that I never plan to just give up in my quest to enjoy beautiful beaches and hopefully they will be empty early in the morning like they were before people inhabited this planet. This is what SJ was getting at. You missed it in your quest to stir peoples emotions.

My wish for you is that you don't get a neighbor who thinks like you and decides to leave their junk out on "their" beach and blocks your view of the sunset with a half buried tent because you said it yourself, they have the right.

Time for me to move on to another thread with a merrier disposition. :wave:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I have found someone as stubborn in their opinion as I am and that's OK that we don't agree. It makes us human.

Just know that I never plan to just give up in my quest to enjoy beautiful beaches and hopefully they will be empty early in the morning like they were before people inhabited this planet. This is what SJ was getting at. You missed it in your quest to stir peoples emotions.

My wish for you is that you don't get a neighbor who thinks like you and decides to leave their junk out on "their" beach and blocks your view of the sunset with a half buried tent because you said it yourself, they have the right.

Time for me to move on to another thread with a merrier disposition. :wave:
Posted via Mobile Device

I have always has the ability to disagree with someone and go have a drink after the discussion. Some people just can't be like that.

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Interested Girl,

maybe you could go have an ice cream cone...it might bring you some joy!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Posted via Mobile Device

I have always has the ability to disagree with someone and go have a drink after the discussion. Some people just can't be like that.

I'd have a drink with you. Heck, I'd buy. :party:
An old salt who bought here 41 years ago has got to have some very interesting stories to tell. Likely why you feel as strong about your property as you do.