• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
interested girl, what do you say about an impounding of the items, like the govt does for cars on the side of the road, left for an extended period of time? If the item isn't claimed and impound fee/storage fee not paid, it goes up for auction to the highest (yet often very low) bidder.

By the way, if the County's legal council understood the law, the County wouldn't be trying to pass an unConstitutional Noise Ordinance. Understanding law has nothing to do with this.

I stated earlier that the current ordinance was flawed and part of the flaw is the procedure that was being followed. Items removed from both private and county owned property were being disposed of without the owner being able to retrieve items. E-mails records were filed for by hte plantif that showed horror stories of items such as Rolex watches hidden in coolers being thrown in the landfill. A tremndous amount of liability is involved with the enforcement process as implemented.

Vehicles left on right-of-way are impounded after being "tagged" and the time allowed for removal are not hauled directly to the landfill and that action only takes place on "public property".

I laugh at those who argue their position on issues by using the "wee bit different" viewpoint or the "butthead argument" for those that have the constitutional right to challenge the legality of an ordinance or how the "ordinance" is being enforced.

One should also note that the current poilicy does not prohibit the removal of items for safety reasons.

The county attorneys do not seem to mind writing ordinances that are overturned. They got paid for the original work and then they get paid for defending the flawed ordinance, and then the cycle starts over again. New ordinance - get paid again. Best of both worlds. The proposed Noise ordinance will also be challenged and the cycle continues.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
We can't keep the beach clean because tourons hide a Rolex in a cooler and then leave it there so long it gets taken to the landfill and they whine - give me a freaking break! :roll:

Did anyone find the diamond necklaces I buried in the sand and want the county to be liable for? They were near a plastic shovel and a seashell if that helps. :D

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
No, they don't reject our opinion - they are just in full on CYA mode because all the buttheads are lawyering up!

Pick up your crap off the beach - or it just might disappear! :wave:

NO SB44 they understand the problems with the ordinance after being sued and they understand the liability the ordinance creates for the county.

Please continue your vigilante actions and someone will show you the inside of Walton Counties new jail. Theft is against the law.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
"Rolex watches hidden in coolers being thrown in the landfill." :rotfl:

Interesterd girl...do you mean to tell us that some idiot left their watch in a cooler overnight? Sorry, I have no pity for those fools.

Next question for IG...do you think it would be okay for every beach goer to leave their crap on the beach for as long as they would like?

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
We can't keep the beach clean because tourons hide a Rolex in a cooler and then leave it there so long it gets taken to the landfill and they whine - give me a freaking break! :roll:

Did anyone find the diamond necklaces I buried in the sand and want the county to be liable for? They were near a plastic shovel and a seashell if that helps. :D

Sometimes those items have not been there as long as you believe. I never said it was smart to "hide a 10,000 watch in a cooler" but people do strange things at times.

DId the county remove your necklace from private property and throw it in the dump?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
E-mails records were filed for by hte plantif that showed horror stories of items such as Rolex watches hidden in coolers being thrown in the landfill.
Oh, FTLOG, anyone who leaves a Rolex unattended on the beach is not going to get any sympathy from me. :roll:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Sometimes those items have not been there as long as you believe. I never said it was smart to "hide a 10,000 watch in a cooler" but people do strange things at times.

DId the county remove your necklace from private property and throw it in the dump?

No, I think maybe someone built a volleyball net or seawall on them and I want them back! :D

Seriously, where is the DEP and the gov't in all of this. We have to jump through major hoops about the wattage and style of lightbulbs, but circus tents and piles of sheet are okay in turtle nesting areas?

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
No, I think maybe someone built a volleyball net or seawall on them and I want them back! :D

Seriously, where is the DEP and the gov't in all of this. We have to jump through major hoops about the wattage and style of lightbulbs, but circus tents and piles of sheet are okay in turtle nesting areas?

Why did you build a seawall on your property and cover your necklace up ?

Oh! - I see you buried it on someone else's property without their permission - not very smart either way.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Why did you build a seawall on your property and cover your necklace up ?

Oh! - I see you buried it on someone else's property without their permission - not very smart either way.

No dumber than the person who left the Rolex overnight in a cooler! :lol: