• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Hey, having a yard sale on a bunch of used beach chairs, umbrellas and lots of other stuff. Yeah yeah thats the ticket.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
It does say something about our community that stuff left on the beach has even become an issue. In many other parts of the country (south florida comes to mind) and indeed the rest of the world, your stuff may very well disappear before the sun goes down. In fact, it might even disappear while you are frolicking in the waves.
Ironic, is what I think. :wave:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Yes NDY it is interesting that the rule of law still means something in WC as we see and hear about theft in many areas around us. I am glad to see that someone understands that removing items from private property without the owners permission or due process is a crime that is commonly referred to as "stealing" and that our elected officials do not condon that or instruct its empoyee's to commit a felony.

Last edited:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I am glad to see that someone understands that removing items from private property without the owners permission or due process is a crime that is commonly referred to as "stealing" and that our elected officials do not condon that or instruct its empoyee's to commit a felony.

Interested Girl, I hope you did not misinterpret my post. It happens that I think, as I believe I have made clear in previous posts, that the county is well within its rights to remove items left on the beach at night. I do not believe the so-called "owners" of the beach have the same bundle of rights that applies to other types of property.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
interested girl, what do you say about an impounding of the items, like the govt does for cars on the side of the road, left for an extended period of time? If the item isn't claimed and impound fee/storage fee not paid, it goes up for auction to the highest (yet often very low) bidder.

By the way, if the County's legal council understood the law, the County wouldn't be trying to pass an unConstitutional Noise Ordinance. Understanding law has nothing to do with this.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
No, they don't reject our opinion - they are just in full on CYA mode because all the buttheads are lawyering up!

Pick up your crap off the beach - or it just might disappear! :wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
We do tend to get some unexpected sudden gusts of wind at night. I've collected chairs and umbrellas from Western Lake and the Gulf, and found other partially buried canopies, which I couldn't remove because they were under too much sand and water. Two weeks ago, I saw one of those big beach umbrellas, with the wooden spike post, go tumbling down the beach, outpacing the beach chair guys in pursuit. If it had hit someone with that spike, it would have gone straight through the person. Don't leave your tents, umbrellas and chairs unattended. If you do go inside for lunch, fold down your umbrella and tie it closed so that it doesn't become a hazard.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Full moon tide, not a storm.

050622-gulftrace-007.jpg

050622-gulftrace-012.jpg