• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
I'm not getting why that is funny??
I have heard the question, "When will it be open?" too many times in my business life. My response is, "When you see it open, it is open." They still have a bit of work to do over there and your date of June 10th is really close.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Thanks for the info about :cool: PARADISE DELI......sounds great.....will try it this week!! Do they have THE TUNA DIP?? I am missing that sooooo much!!!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Let"s Give Them Something To talk About....Bonnie Raitt
This is our favorite song...that should tell you a little about us!!!

Let's give them something to talk about
A little mystery to figure out
Let's give them something to talk about

I'm holding my breath as I go and see it for the first time today with the primer. Ollie came over and Doug pulled a good one on him...telling him we wanted to do something a little different then we ever had. You can imagine the look on his face. Poor Ollie...Doug loves to be the prankster! But he showed him the colors going up...soon! Just not soon enough to keep from scaring the heck out of everyone. Don't worry, its going to be great!

Reopening June 10th? WE WISH! Try and do renovation in this area in one of the busiest times of the year. Electricians,plummers, A/C,...hey but the painters are on it! God Bless em' Doors take 6 weeks, granite...I'm not sure. We have our bar front coming from Costa Rica. It's going to be simple but very cool. We will go back to the old D&K's theme of New Orleans...which we love and do best. If you remember us in the little Red House where Cafe Tango is now, then you know somewhat how we will look.

Paradise Deli...I slipped in yesterday and saw food flying out the door with smiling faces following. I'll tell Bonnie about the Tuna Dip.

I enjoy your posts sooooo much. Makes my day!!! Hmmm....Donna has something for us??? Do we really have to wait till October Donna?

Gotta Run.
Kat

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
steele mama said:
I can't believe you are Bonnie's parents. My girls used to work at the Deli with Paul and visit the Corner Cafe when he was there. How cool! Can't wait to try the new place! And of course your beautiful grandaughter has always been a favorite of my grandson! She was the "older" woman. :shock:

Yep, that's our girl! Your three are beautiful. You must be very proud like me!!! And Free, well she's growing fast....getting prettier every day. Bonnie and Paul's twins just turned 5...and precious! I am so glad she is taking the family recipes and running with them. And I love that she will be selling in pints....something I wanted to do, but couldn't talk Doug into it! :roll:

But I can't blame him...who wants to be in the kitchen longer then they have to.

Hope to see you soon,
Kathy

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Smiling JOe said:
pinkish color would be an understatement. I saw the raftertails on the north side yesterday, and they are more like flourescent orange.:shock: I was beginning to wonder what kind of fine dining place would have a white building with flourecent orange rafter tails.
That pink is amazing. It may rival Grayton Sunset's pink.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
kurt said:
Not a chance. :lol:

What do you mean..not a chance? Any previews up yet? Heard you were at the cafe today. Glad to hear you got some pictures. Can't wait to see them! Is it the color of love? :love: Heard Doug gave you a peek at our real colors. It's going to be nice change for that corner. D & K's signature colors!!!

Thanks Kurt!

Kat

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Donna said:
Oh, goodie! I can hardly wait to try out the new restaurant. I don't care what color it is. Kathy and Doug, we are doing our part by giving The Conch Out a new paint job so that your guests' views are not of "Mildew Mauve" walls!
We have a very special gift for you when we are there in October. :love:

Donna...your a sweetheart. I was kidding. You don't have to send your surprise before October. I kind of like the idea of ya'll coming in and bringing US a surprise. Please ....don't take me too seriously. I like to joke around a bit, but I like surprises too. But I can wait. What do you think?

Kat