• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
KISH7374 said:
Kim, how was your trip? Did you get to do the things we talked about and go to the places we mentioned? Waiting for your reply.

We had a fantastic time. I can't wait to return over the Fourth of July week with my husband, kids, brother-in-law & his crew. The beach was in good shape and the water was more beautiful than ever. We enjoyed some funn restaurants. D&K's was one of our favorites. I'll definitely try the new remodeled D&K's if it's open when we're there. Any ideas when they will reopen?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
DSCN4131.jpg

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Yep...that's where I was sitting on Saturday for lunch. :sosad:

Last edited by a moderator:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi everyone, I'm Kathy from D&K's. AND, very new to SoWal. Thanks for posting the picture Kurt. I was in the cafe yesterday salvageing as much as I could before Doug threw it into the dumpster. Today I worked at our home on new decor for the cafe. I missed getting to see what the porch looked like totally empty, well almost empty! Pretty wild, isn't it?

Ya'll don't be too upset...this change will give us a family life now. And our staff will have more benefits. Keep your eyes peeled for more info in the newspapers. And don't believe every rumor you hear unless you hear it from us. LOL I will be posting as we go along.

We want to thank all of you for being such great customers. Change can be hard in the beginning. We should know, we've changed locations 5 times. But for those who ate with us at the "Real" D&K's some 6-10 years ago...then you know what you have to look forward to. If you think a fish sandwich is good..you'll love Doug's expertise at the grill. And for you gumbo lovers, it will still be on the menu.

That's all for now....Kathy
(the K of D&K's)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome: Kathy!

You have a lot fans here. I will watch your progress with interest. :clap_1:

Here are some "before" photos:

DSCN9616.jpg

DSCN5626.jpg

050817grayton027.jpg

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:welcome: Hi Kathy! I will stop whining! We'll be there in June and will stop by - if you are open, great we will eat, if you are not yet open, we will peek our heads in and say hi!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Kathy, are you refering to the real D&K's as the old Cafe Tango spot? That was a while back.

:welcome:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Kathy, are you refering to the real D&K's as the old Cafe Tango spot? That was a while back.

:welcome:

Welcome Kathy....I am one of the whiners!!! I remember y'all from the little house SJ speaks of! And yes, we whined a bit when that closed as well! I feel a little better now that I have heard from you. You make some very good points that "spoiled" customers like me don't think of. I will remain a loyal D & K's fan....see you in October. BTW...where do we park to come dine with you in the evening?

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
So it's not good-bye....It's see ya later? :dunno: