• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Amp22 said:
Why do you keep harping that you're a local? How long have you lived in SoWal?
Amp. Really? Does it matter how long they've lived there? :roll:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Amp22 said:
That's the point. :roll:

Is that a Robert E. Lee statue?
Geez. :roll:
I think it may be Jack Daniels. But you tell me. :dunno: I never claimed to be much of a history buff.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jhbeebe said:
Jehovah's Witness? :funn: It does look like they are near a doorway afterall
We were coming from a true place of worship.
Come to think of it... a certain Sowaller was worshiping the porcealin god the next day. But it doesn't look like he's lurking tonight, so I guess he must go unnamed. :funn:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
ya!!!!!!!!:clap_1: You have got to be kidding!!! So psyched....we get one more fabulous time at D & K's!!! Have been so bummed thinking we didn't have "one more time" there!! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Donna said:
Some are going to D&K for lunch tomorrow. I will be there. Must meet my peel-and-eat shrimp quota and must get me a piece of that key lime pie before flying back to the deep water fish place :sosad: on Sunday.

How utterly perfect this week has been. I don't want to leave this time. Have never seen the water look more beautiful. Has anyone seen Conch Out's new French doors color? They are exactly the color of that water today!

Breakfast this morning with porpoises, a cardinal, two mourning doves, and a stray dog. Doesn't get much better. :rofl:
It was chilly day on the deck - but lunch was delicious:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Perspective on the evolution of D&K Cafe: Yes, we hate to see them change and especially hate to lose the outdoor deck. I swear that Doug and Kathy ordered that nippy breeze on Saturday to help us adjust to the soon-to-be reopened restaurant and its enclosed upstairs. But anyone who has ever talked with Doug for more than 30 seconds (he's a man of few words and many wonderful recipes) knows that the new "fine dining" experience will include some of our favorites and could never be stuffy. Heck, we could all live with Chinette napkins, couldn't we? At least we will still have this place and under the same owners, which has to be good. They need to make a living, after all.

Idea: When the new restaurant opens, they should have a grand opening party where they auction off the big black skillet and the two most culinarily adept Crock Pots ever. We can all bid and donate the proceeds to the new venture, which will allow us to think of ourselves as D&K investors! :clap_1:

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
kimbug said:
I can't believe what I'm reading...D & K's was one of the highlights of our trip last week. It's the kind of place that made us all relax. We had the best pulled pork and the grouper po boy was one of my mom's favorites all week. My son tried gumbo for the first time there and was hooked. No other restaurant came close all week for him. THIS NEWS SUCKS!
Kim, how was your trip? Did you get to do the things we talked about and go to the places we mentioned? Waiting for your reply.