• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
:sosad: How sad to hear this. I have heard so much about this place and was looking so forward to going on my next trip. Then hearing ya'll talk about it, just made me want to go even more. It's so sad that I'll never have the D&K's experience. :sosad:

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
I just called them and Sunday (April 30) will be their last day. After that, they will close for remodeling and don't know exactly when they'll re-open. The weather today is beautiful, dolphins in the gulf, light wind and sunny. Perfect for outdoor dining. Anyone up for lunch today?

Sunshine

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sunshine said:
I just called them and Sunday (April 30) will be their last day. After that, they will close for remodeling and don't know exactly when they'll re-open. The weather today is beautiful, dolphins in the gulf, light wind and sunny. Perfect for outdoor dining. Anyone up for lunch today?

Sunshine
That is exactly what Kelly told me last night. Can't do lunch today.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
kimbug said:
IMO SoWal needs more laid back, good food places like D&K's and less fancy schmancy stuff.

I definitely second that motion. Our casual, reasonable options are dwindling by the day.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Some are going to D&K for lunch tomorrow. I will be there. Must meet my peel-and-eat shrimp quota and must get me a piece of that key lime pie before flying back to the deep water fish place :sosad: on Sunday.

How utterly perfect this week has been. I don't want to leave this time. Have never seen the water look more beautiful. Has anyone seen Conch Out's new French doors color? They are exactly the color of that water today!

Breakfast this morning with porpoises, a cardinal, two mourning doves, and a stray dog. Doesn't get much better. :rofl:

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Donna said:
Some are going to D&K for lunch tomorrow. I will be there. Must meet my peel-and-eat shrimp quota and must get me a piece of that key lime pie before flying back to the deep water fish place :sosad: on Sunday.

How utterly perfect this week has been. I don't want to leave this time. Have never seen the water look more beautiful. Has anyone seen Conch Out's new French doors color? They are exactly the color of that water today!

Breakfast this morning with porpoises, a cardinal, two mourning doves, and a stray dog. Doesn't get much better. :rofl:

Donna - that sounds magical - I do not know where your house is but shutters the color of the water sounds hugely appealing.
I plan on going to D & K for lunch tomorrow too - I will be there around 12:30 and will have 2 girls with me (ages 6 and 2). Hope to see you there!

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I hope someone will post pics of the Conch Out when she is finished. Can't wait to see. :love: Glad you are having a wonderful week Donna!

So sad about D&K's. Everyone enjoy your last visit. Shoulda gone while I was there for Easter weekend. :bang:

thompsebby

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Took josebby and hubby to D&K's for the first time yesterday to celebrate mrjosebby's birthday. Hate to admit that that was their FIRST AND LAST time to enjoy! What a shame that places like that are closing! What are we locals to do????

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
thompsebby said:
Took josebby and hubby to D&K's for the first time yesterday to celebrate mrjosebby's birthday. Hate to admit that that was their FIRST AND LAST time to enjoy! What a shame that places like that are closing! What are we locals to do????

Why do you keep harping that you're a local? How long have you lived in SoWal?