• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

D&K's

New posts
The good news is that they'll probably get a vent-hood. No one eats inside because it is fried-oil-smokey in there.

Who among you will open a casual spot to fill the void?
 
John said:
The good news is that they'll probably get a vent-hood. No one eats inside because it is fried-oil-smokey in there.

Who among you will open a casual spot to fill the void?

Mr. K and I were discussing this very issue yesterday. We really need a casual fish place that does the basics a la Nick's. I was thinking about the horrors of parking at the upscale D & K's!!!

Has anyone heard anymore about Great Southern? It is still NOT open!!!
 
John said:
The good news is that they'll probably get a vent-hood. No one eats inside because it is fried-oil-smokey in there.

Who among you will open a casual spot to fill the void?

I still buy an occasional lottery ticket, which I will need to open the casual spot everyone seems to want, plus buy my very casual SoWal house.....I like to dream too....
 
I can't believe what I'm reading...D & K's was one of the highlights of our trip last week. It's the kind of place that made us all relax. We had the best pulled pork and the grouper po boy was one of my mom's favorites all week. My son tried gumbo for the first time there and was hooked. No other restaurant came close all week for him. THIS NEWS SUCKS!
 
I understand the closing will be next Sunday.
 
In light of this news, I feel very fortunate that we were at D&K's and the Seagrove Market and Cafe, actually...we were on the search for the absolutely best po boy grouper sandwich...I think we found it/them...so sorry to hear this...it really won't be the same, will it?
 
scrltbegonya said:
I understand the closing will be next Sunday.

IMO SoWal needs more laid back, good food places like D&K's and less fancy schmancy stuff.
 
kimbug said:
IMO SoWal needs more laid back, good food places like D&K's and less fancy schmancy stuff.

I agree, kimbug. And this only goes to show that if a restaurant looks appealing, don't say "We'll eat there on the next trip" because it might not be there. :( :(
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top