• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
...and they are enclosing the open air deck. :sosad:

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I totally don't get this one.

I'm so glad at least some you got a "last supper" at D&K's! I guess this change means one less meal out for my family (but maybe we will just have picnic dinner on the beach:clap_1: ).

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Reggae, $4 Red Stripes & Corona, $6 tequila shooters (the good stuff), and $6 fish tacos - would make enough money to keep me happy as an owner and a lot of other people.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
My husband had lunch there on Friday and he said that there is a blackboard where they are counting down the days until they are closed. I think they were at 9 on Friday, so maybe they are open this coming week and that's it. I have to qualify this by saying that my husband isn't known for being super observant, so he could have had the days wrong! We are very bummed that D & K's is closing too. That was our favorite place to meet for a great casual lunch and enjoy the view. We always took all our visitors there for lunch and they would then understand why we love it here. We NEVER ate inside!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Donna said:
I had lunch there on Saturday, peel-and-eat shrimp and a gorgeous view. I hope this longstanding rumor is not true. This is one of my favorite places.

Donna- are you having a wonderful visit??

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Donna said:
I had lunch there on Saturday, peel-and-eat shrimp and a gorgeous view. I hope this longstanding rumor is not true. This is one of my favorite places.

:clap_1: ..welcome home!!!! See you soon!!!! Did you think you had brought the rain with you Saturday? Everyone is glad you did! You were one of the first things I thought of!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
:clap_1: ..welcome home!!!! See you soon!!!! Did you think you had brought the rain with you Saturday? Everyone is glad you did! You were one of the first things I thought of!!!
I asked her to bring the rain and Donna provided. :clap_1::clap_1::clap_1: I wonder if she could hook me up with a huge winning lottery ticket? :rotfl:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
I asked her to bring the rain and Donna provided. :clap_1::clap_1::clap_1: I wonder if she could hook me up with a huge winning lottery ticket? :rotfl:

She is a winner!!!! :clap_1: I can almost see her smiling from here!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I didn't walk upstairs, but D&K's deck had people on it early this afternoon -- looks like they are still serving.