• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Thanks for the update, Kathy. I have a feeling that the best is yet to come. Soooo happy that you and Doug and Kalie will still be our favorite landmark in Grayton and our regular place for good eats.

Change is good...you go first! :clap_1:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Donna said:
Thanks for the update, Kathy. I have a feeling that the best is yet to come. Soooo happy that you and Doug and Kalie will still be our favorite landmark in Grayton and our regular place for good eats.

Change is good...you go first! :clap_1:

Are you kidding Donna...it's taken me 5 years to get Doug back into casual fine dinning. He has too much talent to be working with a conventional stove, two crock pots, and 2 toaster ovens!!!! Now THAT takes more then talent to pull off great food from a cubby hole kitchen.

Thanking all of you for the welcome to SoWal. The pictures of the cafe are great...and believe me we have our sad times too. Well, a little bit! And, yes, that was the original D&K's in the little red house known as Cafe Tango.
We sold it to them in 1999. Took a year off so I could write a cookbook. then came back to SRB. Been in Grayton Beach (again) for 5 years and now we step it up a bit.

I always welcome pictures. Pictures have played a big part in telling our story throughout the years in 5 restaurants....geez, now 6. AND OUR LAST!!!! When I get a little more time I will go into a more detail. I do promise to keep you posted. Doug may be a man of few words (while he's in the cafe)...LOL BUT I can chat away.

Thanks again, and hang in there with us!

Kat....trying to learn how to use all these fun things on the site
:welcome: soon I will be holding the sign

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
D & K"S Update:

Don't get excited if you see the building turning a pinkish color...that's only a primer. I haven't seen it yet, as I've been out of town...but that's heads up from Doug.

Things are going very well. Some things faster then we planned, while others slower...yep that's renovation! But we are very excited as we invision the finished product.

We've been working hard...Doug overseeing construction, kitchen, and lots of phone calls, and myself.....the colors, carpet, tile, lighting, granite, and lots of phone calls. Both of crawl into bed at night. :blink:

Good news for all of you who loved our lunches. Our daughter Bonnie has opened a new little deli...today, in fact. She has previously worked, cooked, and waited in all of our restaurants over the past 15 years. She has all of our recipes and some great ones of her own. I think she has named it Paradise Deli, which I love. Our cafe in CoCoa Beach was named Paradise Alley Cafe. And, guess where Doug's crock pots are now???? He bestowed them on to her. Stop by and check out her menu, you'll see a lot of our old D&K's items on it. Plus, Bonnie is going to sell items by the pint!!!

Oh...she and her husband Paul are in the Grayton Corners General Store.

Back to business,
Kathy

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
ItzKatzTime said:
D & K"S Update:

Good news for all of you who loved our lunches. Our daughter Bonnie has opened a new little deli...today, in fact. She has previously worked, cooked, and waited in all of our restaurants over the past 15 years. She has all of our recipes and some great ones of her own. I think she has named it Paradise Deli, which I love. Our cafe in CoCoa Beach was named Paradise Alley Cafe. And, guess where Doug's crock pots are now???? He bestowed them on to her. Stop by and check out her menu, you'll see a lot of our old D&K's items on it. Plus, Bonnie is going to sell items by the pint!!!

Oh...she and her husband Paul are in the Grayton Corners General Store.

Back to business,
Kathy
I can't believe you are Bonnie's parents. My girls used to work at the Deli with Paul and visit the Corner Cafe when he was there. How cool! Can't wait to try the new place! And of course your beautiful grandaughter has always been a favorite of my grandson! She was the "older" woman. :shock:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ItzKatzTime said:
D & K"S Update:

Don't get excited if you see the building turning a pinkish color...that's only a primer. I haven't seen it yet, as I've been out of town...but that's heads up from Doug.

pinkish color would be an understatement. I saw the raftertails on the north side yesterday, and they are more like flourescent orange.:shock: I was beginning to wonder what kind of fine dining place would have a white building with flourecent orange rafter tails.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Oh, goodie! I can hardly wait to try out the new restaurant. I don't care what color it is. Kathy and Doug, we are doing our part by giving The Conch Out a new paint job so that your guests' views are not of "Mildew Mauve" walls!
We have a very special gift for you when we are there in October. :love:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well, that sounds quite good!