• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Amity Island
Smiling JOe said:
Blue Mt Beach Access - East side
Wow! I know the golden house lost their new retaining wall during Arlene while the house seen in the foreground was just repairing from Ivan when Dennis hit. It wouldn't suprise me to see the house in between to fall down the Mt.

Q

Last edited by a moderator:

ezdan

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Re: Dennis - damage reports

Smiling JOe said:
Gulf-front in Gulf Trace is screwed. I know one man who owns 7 Gulf-front homes, and I would say he just lost an easy $10M +. Interior homes look fine in Gulf Trace.

Smilin' Jose! Thanks for the update. I just got wind of this site this morning and reading the updates is much more informational than watching the Weather Channel or CNN. Your efforts and insights are very much appreciated.

We've been coming down from Memphis to Gulf Trace area for the past 20+ years and were set to be down there this week and next. How's the electricity, septic tanks, & phone situations in the Gulf Trace area? Is there anyway in the complex to be able to get down to the beach without having to wade through Alligator Lake?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Rita said:
Kurt wrote: "Smiling Joe says to all the people that asked him to check on their places you are OK. He is still without power."

Rita, I just received your message to check on your house. I have not been into your hood today, but seing how others faired near you, I feel 100% sure that your house is fine.

Rita said:
More than likely we will just pass on the "civic duty thingy" by doing something helpful for someone else who needs it.
... and I will glady accept only this kind of return. Thanks for passing it on. That is what I believe life is supposed to be filled with... connections and experiences.

bennifer

Beach Lover
Jul 6, 2005
Re: Hey Mom!!,

rooster mac said:
The rooster is going to the Beach!, The storm is over so open up the roads and let in the RENTERS, ye! ha!
OH Rooster Mac :bow: That is probably the longest note youve ever written!

and I DITTO everyword!
Karrie have a good time, no boats for me....just my toes in the sand and coffee with mybest friend-mysister and laughs with my nieces and snuggles with my husband and another week of Family tradition/memories to take until the next time.

Hey ya know our family grows and changes much like the sea/beach...and after hurricanes we just pull together get the debris outta the way stepping forward.
Renter with a smile!
Yall will have to let us know if any locals have a favorite coffee shop...we know about the Java shop in Grayton... :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Quint said:
Has anyone been able to verify the reports about the BMB erosion near the pb access?
Quint

P7100142.JPG

Blue Mtn Beach public access lookin west.
The shower is only 15' to the right and the drop is 25' straight down.

goodemom

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
We are located at 458 Blue Mountain rd. I'm hearing we only have about 5 feet of sand left before the "cliff" is to the house. Our brand new deck is suspended in the air on one side. I could use any suggestions as to what to do from here (be nice!). I don't know where to start. Do we have sand brought in - can we even do that? Are retaining walls allowed? Are they worth the cost vs the risk of losing it in another storm. Do we just sit back and wait until hurricane season is over? I am overwhlemed! Any help would be appreciated.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
SJ.......WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!! thanks for all your info and pictures :love: just got back from seagrove last week, we were so lucky, had beautiful weather and much fun :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.