• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
patlambdaycare said:
Does anyone have reports of Okaloosa Island damage? We are staying (hopefully) at the El Matador early in August...Should we reevaluate and change plans?
You may check to see if there is water in your room. I do not know how El Matador faired but my friend's first floor on Holiday Isle is under water again. He was planning to get a boat today in order to observe the condition of his home (primary home - and no insurance) I think his insurance rates were about $3000 per month after Ivan, so he said, screw that. Homeowners are not expected to be allowed in to Holiday Isle until at least Thursday to check on their homes.

rooster mac

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Hey Mom!!,

The rooster is going to the Beach!, The storm is over so open up the roads and let in the RENTERS, ye! ha!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FullAbalone said:
While the Weather Channel and the networks focused on Pensacola and Panama City, this board has been a welcome source for info about the 30A area.

I would appreciate any reports from the western part of 30A, specifically Santa Rosa Beach and Dune Allen. We have a home at Dune Allen and will be coming from Louisville to check on it in a day or two.
Which house? I may have a photo.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jakesfarm said:
My sis stayed at home on Cypress pond road, and I assume my brother is at home on Baird st near the elem school. Any info on the status of cell phones...I am not able to reach them. How is the flooding at Cypress pond?

She is in the last home on the left, barn and horses. Any info would be appreciated. I am bracing for flooding on our farm here in Asheville NC

Thanks,
Chris Sawyer
I am heading your way in the next day or two. Baird St is fine, but Cypress Pond Road is a little low. Fortunately, we missed most of the rain, so your sis is probably okay.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beachlover2 said:
Any reports about along Old 98 - Scenic Gulf Drive - I heard that Pompano Joe's lost their paring lot again at Miramar Beach and also that Whale's Tail took a real bad hit?
Old 98 is closed east of the Crab Trap. People were quickly loading up all the debris in the parking lots beside the Crab Trap. Pomapano Joe's still stands; I don't know how.

Judy B

Beach Comber
Nov 16, 2004
Beach Girl et al : One Seagrove Place sent these today in email update
"The only damage incurred is the loss of boardwalk"

lasml

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Smiling Joe, do you have a picture of the lagniappe house on 30A or any information on the house?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Quint said:
No, one of the older ones. Actually, the one between the gold house and the one with the partially constructed sea wall.

Q

P7100143.JPG

Blue Mt Beach Access - East side

Status
Not open for further replies.