• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
Can anyone tell me about The Smiling Fish Cafe-I am not sure if that is the name of it-but I think I read somewhere that it iwas ver good and also kid friendly-any opinions????

taterbaby said:
Can anyone tell me about The Smiling Fish Cafe-I am not sure if that is the name of it-but I think I read somewhere that it iwas ver good and also kid friendly-any opinions????

We love it. The food is very close to Cafe30A but much less expensive. They don't have a kids menue BUT if you have kids with you they will offer to prepare them something (pasta, chick fingers, etc...) at a kids menue price. Get an outdoor table. The owner and staff have been sooooo nice. We now go there on every visit. :love: :cool:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Does Smiling Fish have any specialty dishes or anyone have a favorite they would recommend? Do I have to get dressed up or is it more casual?

We have never been and I'm convinced we have been missing out.
We are checking it out when we are down in a couple of weeks.

(my bad):eek:pps:
in my previous post I confused my Fish. I meant to say Smiling, not Out of Water.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
gotothebeachmom said:
Does Fish Out of Water have any specialty dishes or anyone have a favorite they would recommend? Do I have to get dressed up or is it more casual?

There's nothing dressed up here. :cool:

You might be able to check out their menu on the watercolorinn.com site. Try to get an outdoor table at sunset if not too cool.

gotothebeachmom said:
Does Smiling Fish have any specialty dishes or anyone have a favorite they would recommend? Do I have to get dressed up or is it more casual?

(my bad):eek:pps:
in my previous post I confused my Fish. I meant to say Smiling, not Out of Water.

Last time we went I had the seared tuna (great now my mouth is watering :blush: ). It was prepared just like 30A and honestly just as good. Very casual dress, most everybody was in shorts. :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Camp Creek Kid said:
Kurt,

I don't know if you have been the the Wheel House lately, but I would NOT recommend it. We've been there several times through the years. The last time was a few weeks ago for lunch. The food was beyond disgusting. The lunch buffet is popular with construction workers in the area because it is quick and convenient. However, the food is quantity, not quality. You are better off eating a peanut butter sandwhich.

Are you quoting me?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Waterman said:
kurt said:
Yes it is very similar to the Red Bar food with a few extra items and a Sushi bar. Great Bay views from inside and the outdoor decks.[/QUOTE

Yeah, check out watermans pics for a deck view :laughing1 ]

...and if you look at Kurt's pictures of opening night for the Blue Bar, you will see the top of my head in one of the photos.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SGB said:
We ate at Cafe Tango last night - the food was awesome and the service outstanding. Try the pistachio encrusted grouper and save room for dessert. The entrees with salad are about $20-28. Not really a place for kids.

I've had it many times, but stop telling people how great it is. Otherwise, I wont be able to get a table.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Philip_Atlanta said:
For something a little different, I really like Luna del Mar - the Mexican place in Seagrove on Eastern Lake.

PS - where is some good Sushi???

Fish Out of Water and Basmati's

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
gotothebeachmom said:
Does Smiling Fish have any specialty dishes or anyone have a favorite they would recommend?

Go for lunch, and try a grilled fish sandwich with fries. Haven't been for dinner in a while, but the duck breast salad has received rave reviews. George has improved things a bit, I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.