Four Bears Spotted on Satinwood Drive

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by joho, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Hop

Hop Beach Fanatic

that looks like deer poop to me...the big patty a few posts up looks more like a bear or coyote. :dunno:

2. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Ditto.

Pellets are typically deer type animals, bear looks like the puddle you posted or a dark human poop w/ fur in it.

3. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

It could be deer, and what I was told was deer poo in the past looked like pellets, but they were like large rabbit pellets-the 'pellets' in the pic are not pellets at all, but acorns. I have another pic that makes me think it is bear's, I will post it later:drool:

4. 30A Skunkape

As promised, take a peek at this poop pile. You will note it is old, and has 'eroded' to the point where you can see what might look like pellets, but are really some sort of seed or acorns. I think you will agree that the original pile didn't look anything like deer scat, but with time this will have a 'pellet' appearance, too.

5. bogieman

bogieman Beach Lover

And for whom so ever asketh.

Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

6. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Where's zip3 to chastise you for posting these pics?

7. 30A Skunkape

Who dat?:dunno:

8. seagrover

seagrover Beach Fanatic

As I heard the story, it is only a "wild" bear! :wave:

9. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

The stuff on the right definitely looks like bear poo.

10. CampbellFL

CampbellFL Beach Comber

These must be the bears who ate the leftovers of my rotissere chicken! on december 1st i heard rustling around in my carport and sure enough there were three bears in my yard. I was on the second floor porch so i didnt was not afraid and tried to get pics but btwn the pitch black and me not trying to scare them, i couldnt get one! I am much more cautious about going out at night now!!

11. Maystrong

Maystrong Beach Lover

Think we may have a bear in the Magnolia area. Our garbage cans have ended up around the back of our house, down the side yard, and into our neighbors back yard....now that's a long haul for anything much smaller than a bear!

12. beasmiester

beasmiester Beach Lover

I just finished picking up the trash from the garbage can that was moved from the front of the house to the brush behind the house, last night. When my wife left for work this morning she saw the trash can laying in the back but decided to leave it when a "growl" came from the brush. I moved the can back, this morning and didn't see or hear anything. I've concluded that this wasn't a panther, bobcat, raqcoon, possum or snake. Despite the cold weather, I'm fairly sure it's not a polar bear. Are the hungry black bears, truly not meat eaters, I'll not be the portly old man that changes one hungry bear's eating habits!

13. zip3

zip3 Beach Lover

Listen, I am scared as hell. We had a bear in our yard last week and he chewed up a bird feeder that I had just put up out my kitchen window. He left a giant scat so we would know he was here and then went on a neighborhood garbage tirade. I have had a bird feeder in the front of the house and no problem. But a new feeder close to the back of the house which is all woods got attacked. We are surrounded by woods in Seagrove and neighbors have seen a bear but they have never chewed up a hard feeder before.