• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Where did I say anyone was part of the solution? Or the problem for that matter? As far as the city, I do not live in the city so I cannot vote in city elections. As far as the county, I spent the last few months talking about these same things. And North of the bay especially around DFS people voted my way. South of the bay was another matter entirely. But the only way I know to fix the "crappy foundation" is to keep trying to convince the voters to make changes. I believe you do that by showing how you can make things better, not calling people names and talking about stuff that is history and that no one can ever go back and change.

QFT

Danny Glidewell - F&%$ accountability!

Feel free to use that in your next campaign.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I believe you do that by showing how you can make things better, not calling people names and talking about stuff that is history and that no one can ever go back and change.

And if the history of what they have done wrong "round here" hasn't taught us anything (which is generally the case) we are doomed to continue making the same @#$%$#-up mistakes!

We can't go back Danny but we can keep the memory of all the vivid screw-ups in our mind and pray to Allah or whatever higher power you want to believe in that these idiots (I can't think of a nicer word for them) (a.) either share your vision for the future which is not going to happen in your lifetime (b.) get a clue or (c.) they die and someone who can and will implement change takes their place.

Everyone wants to forgive and forget the screw-ups that have cost the taxpayers of this County millions of dollars while changing NOTHING!

It doesn't work that way in the real world Danny Glidewell! It only works that way in the little bubble you have created in your mind that exists solely for your comfort.

I have lived here well over 30 years and the only thing I've seen change in DFS are the stop lights!

I can also recall a time in the not so distant past that you were part of the problem not the solution but I won't go there because I do believe that you believe change is possible with the current crappy foundation. However, I live in DFS not Utopia.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Danny wrote;
But the only way I know to fix the "crappy foundation" is to keep trying to convince the voters to make changes.

If the horrid examples that myself and others have posted here or written published letters about hasn't changed anything in the last 30 years what makes you think you can convince them Danny?

Hell, you can't even get them to the polls to vote because they are so disenfranchised. Someone mentioned here that many folks went to the polls just to vote NO without even voting for a single candidate.

If you take an even closer looks at the voter rolls you will also find that the same 600 voters in DFS control the elections City wide and it's been like that as long as I've lived here.

SSDD!

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Misty, You are somehow missing the point. I know all the stories you keep hinting at. I even know some more going back to my grandparents days. I know people are frustrated. I know we do not live in utopia. But you said it yourself, all these bad examples that you and others have brought to light in the past have not served to change anything. The same crappy foundation is still there and people don't even vote because they think nothing will get better. I get it. But can you get that doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity? So, if we are going to change things for the better without waiting for individuals to pass away, then we need to try something different. I don't want to keep repeating the same old mistakes, I want to move forward. This means getting people to run for office who want what is best for the citizens, not themselves, and convincing voters to come to the polls and vote for them. If negative won't bring them out, lets try positive and see what happens. That is all I am saying.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Danny, I'm not one to pull my punches nor am I one to "hint" at anything. I may be wrong on some things and I may not word things as eloquently as others do but if I have something on my mind I'll say it.

I have chosen to keep my own counsel in regard to you out of respect for others near and dear to my heart and because I actually believe that you believe what you're saying. I have long since given up the idea (dream) that change will come to DFS in my lifetime.

We agree to disagree.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Cynicism will get us nowhere. Danny makes sense. You can't just complain and moan. I'm sorry Misty but you are part of the problem. Not the solution. You can't have a great community without hope and optimism.

Giving up is for losers.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I don't think Misty is "giving up". They just tell it like it is and although we don't always agree, they seem to be point on with regards to following the $$$ and having identified the "players" in what seems to be never ending games of deciet, lies and money making scams.

As for the hospital, its more of a figure head than a functional business. DFS can say they have a hospital, but at the end of the day, if given a choice, most would elect to go elsewhere for any treatment. If you haven't been there, go take a tour and let me know your thoughts.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Cynicism will get us nowhere. Danny makes sense. You can't just complain and moan. I'm sorry Misty but you are part of the problem. Not the solution. You can't have a great community without hope and optimism.

Giving up is for losers.

Umm Dawn, no where did I say that what Mr. Glidewell is saying doesn't make sense. In fact, what he is saying makes perfect sense in a perfect community. As I said, I live in DFS not Utopia.

Hope and Optimism you say? Just when one starts to hope things might be going in a different direction out comes a series of full page ads in the local rag regarding the salaries of the of the people who are in large part responsible for the piss poor decision making that continues to this day to cost the taxpayers huge amounts of money. BOOM, there goes the optimism!

But hey, I'm optimistic that Thursday's ad will be a real eye opener! :D

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Here's a better idea. Close the hospital.

Or at the very least, collect on the debt owed to the County instead of forgiving the debt and allowing the same people to set up shop in a new location!