• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
SHELLY said:
No, I wouldn't use any discussions/opinions from this board in my thesis...are you kidding?? (My objective is to get a decent grade.) I do however, on occasion, use the board as a source for links to news/stories about real estate.

It's no surprise that I'm a real estate "bear" (I was a dot.com "bear" as well). I debate the real estate issue because I find the subject interesting and the opposing responses informative. I won't change my writing style or opinion, so I imagine I'll be booted from board because I have a different viewpoint--but it won't be because I used profanity or personally attacked anyone. I understand.

shelly,

Few, if any, people on this board are opposed to different viewpoints. In fact many of us welcome them. Most people DO arch up (like a kitty :D) at inflamatory statements and negativity.

Do some research on your posts and you'll likely come up with a % in the high 90s for negative posts vs nonnegative.

My mamma done told me to stay clear of negative people! :lol:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
"Market" price is the price which people are willing to pay at the current point in time. With the lack of sales recently, market prices are lower than asking price. You must look at sold price for recent sales.

Good answer.

Market price is determined when the check clears the bank--"paper profits" and comps don't count.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
You personally attacked the State of Florida's Sanitation Inspectors for failing to inspect the electrical systems in the local restaurants. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry Joe, didn't realize you were a Florida sanitation inspector.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SHELLY said:
Sorry Joe, didn't realize you were a Florida sanitation inspector.
I am not, but you did "personally attack" them for not inspecting them for something that they are not responsible for inspecting. :rotfl: -- Just thought it was funny, and that your rules work for you only when you want them to do so.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
I am not, but you did "personally attack" them for not inspecting them for something that they are not responsible for inspecting. :rotfl: -- Just thought it was funny, and that your rules work for you only when you want them to do so.

Do as I say, not as I do????

SHELLY....I have learned not to buy a condo in PCB from you. Not that I was in the market, but I did learn not to.

I think Rita is correct. So much of what you write here sounds/comes across as negative. I have a hard time listening and believing anything a person talks about on the outer edges of the bell shaped curve...all postive or all negative.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Rita said:
shelly,

Do some research on your posts and you'll likely come up with a % in the high 90s for negative posts vs nonnegative.

90% of my posts are about real estate...so it makes sense that if the overwhelming majority of folks on the board have a positive view of real estate investment, it's no surprise that my posts would be viewed as "negative." (or an "opposing viewpoint.")

A wise boss once said: "If you agree with everything I say, I wouldn't need you."

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
pgurney said:
Then please explain.

Insider selling is the legal sales of stock options by company execs and employees.

Insider trading is the illegal selling/purchasing of stock based on information that is not available to the general public.

Insider selling by execs (with no insider buying) sends somewhat "negative" signals to shareholders that execs don't totally believe the information they are releasing to the public.

JOE is a solid company with good financials, but (as is the case with many companies) they are overcompensating their execs; and yes, it does come out of the shareholder's pockets.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Rita said:
There is a difference between "negativity" and "opposing viewpoints".
One is healthy! The other is not, imo. ;-)

IMO "negativity" is subjective.